Some HD Channels breaking up and freezing
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

This only started recently some stations HD only, when you switch to them get color blocks and the audio cuts in an out and if left on long enough the picture will freeze and you get a message the channel's currently unavailable with a code,I have reset the box back to default several times and it still does it,2 known stations are History HD and Anlmal Planet HD

Re: Some HD Channels breaking up and freezing
tehskylark

I have the same thing happening to me...only on certain HD channels, its been happening for awhile. Also my fios internet seems to cut in and out. Maybe its a fiber issue?

0 Likes
robbiecarman

I'm having the same issue.  At first I thought it might have been HDMI cable issue as I have a pretty long run but other devices such as my Apple TV and PS3 work just fine as do most HD channels.  Bad set top box?  I'm going to try to exchange mine tomorrow

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@robbiecarman wrote:

I'm having the same issue.  At first I thought it might have been HDMI cable issue as I have a pretty long run but other devices such as my Apple TV and PS3 work just fine as do most HD channels.  Bad set top box?  I'm going to try to exchange mine tomorrow

Could be STB, but may well be bad coax or bad splitters.  Particularly if the splitter is unable to carry all frequencies. 

COMET65
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have this problem also ... fixed it by cleaning connections to a spliter

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes