TV pixelation and loss of sound
sbdman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seem to be having increased problems with TV quality - especially yesterday and today is unwatchable on all channels. This is on all 3 boxes, checking the In-Band Status on one, the SNR stays pretty much at 36, but am getting a lot of uncorrectable errors - 500 to over 2000 per 5 sec count. This is in Silver Spring, MD area, new install (3 months ago).

Called customer support last week - they rebooted ONT, had me check coax, but being intermittent at the time, after taking about 50 minutes to go through call proceedure, the picture finally returned to normal. Then hour latter, getting pixelation and intermittent poor SNR.

So far, great high speed internet - getting the full 30/30 speed promised, but the tv issue is troubling. Watching OTA, now.

0 Likes
Re: TV pixelation and loss of sound
katoy

That exactly same problem we having for the last two days now. Using the automated answering service doesn't work for me.

Not happy right. Honestly don't know what to do.

Internet losing signal once in awhile.

Katoy

0 Likes
tommyaizawa

I have seen pixelation this spring more than 3 weeks, and talked to tech support through chat at least 3 times, and phone one time and finally succeeded to involve technician. As soon as he saw TV screen, he said let's change the CPE(ONT) box and splitter, and fixed all problem. Verizon's tech support should be more intelligent. They starts from restart, SNR, etc remotely, all the time, but it's just elementary school job. All you can do is to complain loudly many times and involve technician. It's waste of time if you try to solve pixelation problem remotely.

0 Likes
be4UswuCakut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had/have this problem for months. My ODI was also replaced some time ago. I thought it was "better", but I was mistaken - it is still **bleep**. The TV troubleshooter doesn't work, and calling Verizon is a all-day task. I am very disappointed.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes