TV turns off randomly
legend87

Last weekend, my wife and I were watching an OnDemand movie and the DVR clicked over to live TV.  It seemed to think the movie was still playing, but it was showing live TV.   We cancelled the show that was recording and were able to resume the movie.

However, since that time, the TV has started turning itself off randomly.  It seems to happen mostly at night - but that might be a coincidence.  The TV will play for hours at a time, then turn off.  We have to wait about 30 seconds, then we can turn the TV back on.  From there, sometimes it stays on the rest of the night, sometimes it happens again in 30 minutes. 

It seems to happen most often when we are watching recorded shows on the DVR, but then again - 90% of the time we are watching recorded shows vs live - so that is to be expected.

Anyone else having these problems?  Any advice?

(using a HDDVR and Panasonic Plasma TV)

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: TV turns off randomly
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

I had this problem whenever I selected a VOD.  however, I have not noticed the issue since then (then again, I have not selected VOD in a few weeks either).

from what I was told, the system needed to reboot based upon some upgrades that they perform automatically (mostly at night).

0 Likes
alongoria1

I have the same problem.  My TV randomly turns off anytime I watch TV - it does not matter if it is TV, Video on Demand, or DVR.  However, the TV NEVER turns off when I watch a DVD movie.  I have noticed that every time the TV shuts off while I am watching FIOS TV when I turn it back on my FIOS DVR Box flashes a DUI code.

If anyone has an idea on how to make this stop happening please let me know as it drives me crazy and I am on the verge of getting rid of FIOS because I never had this issue with any other service provider.

0 Likes
ohpoleez
Contributor - Level 2

Please make sure your TV is NOT plugged into the set top box. This can cause TV's to randomly shut off.

0 Likes