Re: The Weather Channel
lorewi

I admit I don't always look at the Weather Channel for the current temp or even the forecast, but I do watch the live feed given during big weather events.  I like to have the opportunity to do this without trying to look at a small screen or watch a video of something that already happened early that morning.  And some days it is easier to look at the radar on the Local on the 8s or the station that showed that information all day so you didn't have to wait for a specific time.  The widget takes a long time to load at times.  I would just rather have the Weather Channel back in the line up.  The other carrier that tried to do this figured out that it just was not working since they were losing so many customers.  You can't tell us what we use at our convenience.

0 Likes
james171

I can only add my extreme displeasure that you have taken the Weather Channel off your service. Weatherscan itself is a very valuable tool because it has continuous radar during severe weather. That is something that can be used to know when to get to a safe room from a severe weather event.

Really want this channel back!

I have been a loyal customer of FIOS for 8 years.

0 Likes
igot2pray

I just got off the phone with a Verizon supervisor and they said they will not be picking the Weather Channel back up - such a shame and such a terrible way to handle paying customers.  The more I consider this, I don't watch that much tv anyway - just the weather channel and a few shows.  I think I'm dropping the cable and that's going to cost me $400 dollars for an early termination that will not be waived smh!  

0 Likes
drhamma

I'm in the same boat. I have the triple play with Ultimate TV package and now they dump one of the few channels I watch?  I bet Charter carries TWC.

0 Likes
Re: Bring Back The Weather Channel!
molima08

PLEASE    PLEASE   bring back the Weather Channel.  Accu-weather stinks.  We live in Tampa and we also lost channel 49 which is our local channel....we so miss that too!!!!   Accu-weather is NOT working here to well.....no sound sometimes....pixels come and go (on HD and standard box) and no way to see local weather.  What in the world are you thinking of (we can understand contract problems, but?)....we didn't even have the courtesy of hearing about your dropping the station?????

0 Likes
Bayrunner
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are quite upset that Verizon has discontinued the weather channel. It was the first channel we turned on in the morning and the last channel we looked at before going to bed. We are avid fishermen and this channel is very important not only to us but to thousands of commercial and recreational fishermen in the Hampton Roads/Tidewater area. Fishing is a multi-million dollar industry for the Commonwealth and people travel from all over the world to fish in the Chesapeake Bay. The substitute channel now on Channel 49 (Newport News) is very substandard. Knowing what the weather conditions are is an extremely important safety issue when planning fishing trips. We are thinking about going back to Cox.

0 Likes
jimbee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a travesty.  My day is not complete without Wake up with Al...FIOS claims i can get this content elsewhere..well I cannot.  There is a void in my life now.  I just renewed and feel cheated that this was not shared beforehand and abruptly removed without any care or consideration to the customers. 

0 Likes
BigGuy661
Bring back TWC!
0 Likes
EGoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fios is 'pleased to announce' AccuWeather? You shouldn't be. It's horrible. TWC has been at it long enough to be the best in coverage of important weather events, whether it be occuring now or forecast to occur, particularly during severe weather season. You've dropped the ball on this one. As Verizon rates continue to climb, the temptation was there to try something else and this may just be the deal breaker. Thanx for the options.

gartjudd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't believe TWC is gone and replaced with Accuweather - yuck!  Verizon has just gotten cocky with their services - we should all walk away and go back to cable for a while and see if it impacts their bottom line.

0 Likes