Re: The Weather Channel
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Intersting article:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-11/accuweather-s-new-24-hour-tv-channel-just-has-the-...

One takeaway:

Reports that TWC ratings have dropped 20%. This means less people are watching. Yet they probably wanted as much or more money than the previous contract.

Return The Weather Channel
Deltau
Enthusiast - Level 1

This (Weather Channel) may be the only live information programming that is unbiased or without a particular political agenda. The "Accuweather" programming is superficial and a watered-down interpretation of taxpayer paid for National Weather Service information. Surprising that Verizon would compromise its technical stature by transmitting such low quality audio and video. Recommend that the executive team get focussed on generating profit via valuable content rather than by cutting quality and cost!

Re: Bring WeatherScan Back!
JEGJR65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  Can't see LOCAL weather.  Have been watching for 40 minutes...it's all about the east coast.  I live in TEXAS.  I don't care what the weather is, in Richmond.  i want to know what is happening / going to happen here.  Stupid, stupid decision, without consulting their customer base. Stupid.

0 Likes
BlackieStJames
Enthusiast - Level 1
Has ANYONE from Verizon chimed in to this forum? Pretty lame that there are nearly 700 comments and I have seen nary a response.
0 Likes
Re: Return The Weather Channel
Seatiger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bring back the weather channel

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BlackieStJames wrote:
Has ANYONE from Verizon chimed in to this forum? Pretty lame that there are nearly 700 comments and I have seen nary a response.

Verizon doesn't "chime" in these forums.  The forums are used for customer to customer communication.  The Verizon moderators simply keep things cordial and occasionally escalate specific customer issues to the support team.

A moderator did post a copy of the official statement about TWC that was released by Verizon to all customers, but don't expect anything else from them.

It's also very unlikely that all the posts here will even register within Verizon.  If  you really want to make a statement that they will pay attention to, cancel your service.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CRobGauth wrote:
:

Reports that TWC ratings have dropped 20%. This means less people are watching. Yet they probably wanted as much or more money than the previous contract.

I never watched TWC as it has become reality TV central and not a useful weather resource for me.  I find their web site and app much more useful.  That, and I find local weather web sites and the National Weather Service very good, if not better.

I suppose we won't hear too much from folks like me who don't care about TWC going away, but I'm guessing there are a lot more of us than the people who watched it.

That's why I suggest the best way for TWC fans to express their displeasure with Verizon is to switch TV providers.  That is perhaps the only message that will get through to Verizon management.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
Re: Return The Weather Channel
cjcook2
Enthusiast - Level 3

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!  (AND WEATHERSCAN)

I am angry and disappointed that Verizon would drop the absolute best  channel for weather reporting, forcasting, and keeping people informed about severe weather/storms. Accuweather is nothing but a poor imitation of the very early TWC from the 1980's.

Verizon should post a credit to every customer for this month's bill, and reduce all future bills until TWC is restored. We are PAYING for TWC, but NOT GETTING TWC.

There are other ways to cut costs other than dropping an essential service like TWC. (Verizon - contact me if you seriously want to hear a few suggestions from a customer - you have my contact info without me having to put it in a public place). And yes, TWC has become an essential service. They are the only ones with the expertise, know-how, and equipment to report LIVE from any weather situation.

Re: The Weather Channel - AccuWeather is a JOKE!!!
LorT84
Enthusiast - Level 1

What happened to the Weather Channel???  AccuWeather is only broadcasting weather for the northeast from what I see.  That doesn't do me much good here in Dallas.  This is now a wasted channel on my TV - and channel 49 is also gone - so two wasted channels now.  I switched to Fios, in part, so I could have the Weather Channel.  Looks like I may have to go shopping for another provider.

0 Likes
The Weather channel
robag

Really missing Weatherscan.  I rely on looking at the map  a few times a day.  Weatherbug is terrible. Doesn't have a map or enough information.  I don't like waiting 20 minutes on Accuweather to see Pittsburgh PA.  A more regional forecast is better.  😞 

0 Likes