Re: The Weather Channel
pharmerhawk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accu weather is absolutely worthless!  No local weather. Bring back channel 49 and the weather channel and show that Verizon listens to its customers.

900at
Enthusiast - Level 3

I miss the Weather channel but no tthe current one.  I miss the one when you turned it on you got weather.  When they started going to shows I have no interest in, I stopped going to it.  

When Weather channel first started, they were not perfect either but over the years they adapted.  I'm very happy to give AccuWeather a chance to grow. At least I know when I turn it on I'll get weather. 

For all of you that want to watch the shows, why not petition the Weather channel to have a 2nd channel that contains the shows.  Imagine that, one for weather and one for shows.  Not rocket science. 

Weather Channel
fang1101
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, but your weather channel replacement SUCKS. They jump in and out of reports, they make me tired watching them.

These AccuWeather people look more like wanna be dancers, they have no character.

The Weather Channel had good reports, people and yes, even a few good programs.

Channel 49 was a god sent when foul weather was heading our way, with special warnings and hints for safe travel, etc.

I am not going to bring up the MONEY part of this, it is not my business, but it is yours to give the people that pay you for services what they want and like to watch, and I would like the Weather Channel bank.

I think your service is great in all respects, but I don't agree with you on this matter.

uncle2000mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you turn  on Accuweather you get weather for other cities, not yours. The Weather Channel had the weather all the time on the bottom of the screen even during the shows you don't like. How could Accuweather start a channel without local weather all the time for your area? I have a feeling we will wait months for this.

Re: Weather Channel
jjbford
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, Verizon says "EVERYONE" gets their weather from the internet?  Funny, I don't recall being ASKED by Verizon where I get my weather info.  All I know is that one day while getting ready for work, I turned on Ch 49 to see what type of weather I could expect and discovered that all the Weather Channel stations had been eliminated.  So for the next 20 min while getting ready to leave, I saw what could be expected in Newark, NJ, Dallas, TX, Harrisburg, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, Buffalo, NY, Albany, NY, and Tampa, FL, but Baltimore, Columbia, Annapolis, Owings Mills, MD?  Nope.  I wonder how many of Verizon's competitors offer the Weather Channel?  I'm pretty sure most do.........I'm thinking it's time to switch.

EricDee1978
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I renewed my two-year contract, it was with the understanding that I would continue to receive top-quality programming via FiOS TV. With Verizon's unilateral decision to remove The Weather Channel from FiOS TV, I believe Verizon is now in violation of said two year contract, and I hereby accuse Verizon of violating the terms of same. I will continue to believe Verizon to be in violation of my contract to provide me with top-quality TV service until The Weather Channel is restored to the FiOS TV lineup.

joker211
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry to say Fios contracts clearly states they have a right to change programing.  So there is no violation on their part.

However I wish FIOS would read and understand how unhappy so many people are.  I never seen so many posts on one subject.

0 Likes
rockyddogg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where i am in NY the weather channel supplies weather scan which just runs the local forecasts for about 8 local towns in the NYC and suburbs area, its just forecasts without any programs . I watch that to get the weather most of the time untill NOW that is!!! Now with accuweather i have to watch forecasts for wyoming and south florida and maine?????? what a bunch of buffalo chips??? aint it fios?

0 Likes
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has made a long term business decision in dropping the weather channel. What is the long term plan to put all your employees on unemployment. Here on Staten Island many are still traumatized after Sandy Killed 30 + and everyone I've talked to is more concerned then EVER before about the weather. Verizon your timing could not have been any worse. The Weather Channel Personalities made people feel safe and assured that they would always be there for us. And that has been a great comfort to many people here. I can't even switch providers without a 30 day or more wait for installation. WHY, because they can't keep up with the demand from people dumping FIOS. GREAT BUSINESS PLAN VERIZON

Jaques1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, you clearly do not value your customers, dumping one of the only worthwhile channels in your entire lineup. If you don't bring The Weather Channel back, this will be the last contract I ever sign with you. So you "can't afford" The Weather Channel--a mainstay of basic cable since the day it first aired--yet you can afford all those 5 zillion sports channels that are all exactly the same and interchangeable? The Weather Channel is one of a kind. AccuWeather can't hold a candle to TWC. AccuWeather is so primitive--like something out of 1989.

0 Likes