Re: Tv Service outage
BWSterling

Looks like none of us paid their bills.  Same thing here in Sterling.  I guess the storm got something (or that is what we will be told).

0 Likes
bonesteelm

Oh, and I have Quantum.

0 Likes
Kevinh1ca1

The same happend to me in Stafford, VA. I check the website, no outage notification. A message on the screen says possibly due to a billing issue. I havebeen with them less than a month. It;s not the outage that bothers me. It's the lack of notification and the ridiculous message on the TV screen. WHen I called to ask, I was on hold for over 40 minutes. When I get someone, they go through ten minutes of troubleshooting to determine if I am affected by an outage that may be in my area. When I tell them they have poor communication processes, they just say they are sorry. WHen I talk to a supervisor, more of the same. How pathetic. I am over the two week cancellation period and would cancel tomorrow if I could. 

0 Likes
Tripod2000

Finally got through via a chat session. Was told "There is a possible outage on Verizon FIOS TV services due to Storm wherein more number of the customers are reporting the same issue. The issue is under observation and Verizon is keeping a track of this. Soon the service will be up and running. We appreciate your time and patience. The estimated restore time is 24 hours. However, you may check the status of the issue after every four hours or so as our Engineers are looking to fix the issue soon."

Not thrilled with the answer, but it's better than being told it's a billing issue.

0 Likes
Headhunter06
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the same answer, but 24-48 hours for a fix. Inconvienient, but I know they are working hard to resolve what is a massive issue. Possibly storm related here in the greater WDC area.

Stupidly for me, when this first popped up, I rebooted my router. When that didn't work, I rebooted the ONT. That, unfortunately, killed my internet service which was working fine. Luckily VZ Tech answered the call and a nice lady helped remotely reboot my ONT. Internet restored, and I am a happy camper. Thank you VZ Tech Support for saving a fool from himself.

0 Likes
bbgood2me

Same issue at zip code 22201.  Been on hold with Verizon for 38 minutes. 

0 Likes
drsegs

service out in 22401

anyone else in area out

0 Likes
kes1005
Been on hold with Verizon for over an hour. They did admit there was a service problem. I have been troubleshooting for over 20 minutes now. I believe a credit is in order! No apology no nothing!! This is ridiculous!
0 Likes
RobWDC1

Same thing in 20016.  Error 11010, billing is up to date, and was on hold for an hour.  I'm off to bed and if this isn't fixed by morning they can issue me a credit.

0 Likes
IrishPete
Enthusiast - Level 1
Still out at 4;54 this morning. Stellar job Verizon!
0 Likes