Unable to access/set parent controls for sub-accounts
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

Still getting: "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later." message when attempting to access/set parent controls on sub-accts.  What's the problem?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to access/set parent controls for sub-accounts
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

If anyone needs a pic for context, here's the sreen shot:

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

same problem here.

0 Likes
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

@Greg2600 wrote:

same problem here.

It's amazing how utterly painful it is to get Vzn tech support to reproduce this problem.  They keep thinking it's my computer or browser and that's bull.

It's the website my dear friends.  THE. WEB. SITE.

0 Likes
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

@RobHunt wrote:

@Greg2600 wrote:

same problem here.

It's amazing how utterly painful it is to get Vzn tech support to reproduce this problem.  They keep thinking it's my computer or browser and that's bull.

It's the website my dear friends.  THE. WEB. SITE.

Well, it's the website programming, that's for sure.  While their techies can access the parent controls for sub-accts, no matter what platform/browser I use (IE, Chrome, Safari, Win7, Win XP, Android and iPad) they all show the same (expletive) error code.

FIX. IT. PLEASE.

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Has this EVER worked?  I'm trying to give my 'lil nephew access to the Disney stuff not nothing else.

0 Likes
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

@Greg2600 wrote:

Has this EVER worked?  I'm trying to give my 'lil nephew access to the Disney stuff not nothing else.

Apparently it works for the Vzn tech support group as they logged in using my credentials and were able to make the appropriate changes (on my behalf).  Give them a call and ask them to alter the sub-account settings.  If enough people bother them about it, perhaps they'll do more to figure out why it's not working for us... perhaps...

Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Oh brother, that's going to be a huge pain.  Hate talking to support.  What can they actually set there though, even if it was working?  Can they choose between various channels?  i.e. give access to Disney, ESPN, but not HBO or Showtime.

0 Likes
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

@Greg2600 wrote:

Oh brother, that's going to be a huge pain.  Hate talking to support.  What can they actually set there though, even if it was working?  Can they choose between various channels?  i.e. give access to Disney, ESPN, but not HBO or Showtime.

If this (link) is any indication, it appears that a channels can be blocked as well as programming above a given maturity rating:

(note sub-account name blurred in this example)

And while this control is "touchy" (the slider doesn't slide, but does react to clicks) and always reports an error when you click the save button, somehow, it is remembering the settings.  So once you get tech svcs to initially "switch on" the sub-accounts (doing whatever voodoo they do), then you might be able to go in and tweak the settings.

No guarantees here; hope this helps (a little) and good luck.

0 Likes
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

Rob, you read my mind!  I actually just found that on my own on the Showtime Anytime site.  However, when you try to save it, it says "Changes not saved due to backend failure. Please try after sometime."  Yet when I closed and went back in, it seemed to save the changes.  But this is ridiculous that I would have to sign into each site separately, and I  have no idea how many places a Verizon account even works on!

0 Likes