Upgraded DVR capibility
pribco

Have talked to 4 different people in 4 different departs at Verizon and can not get an answer concerning the capibility of the "upgraded" dvr.

W currently have a multi room dvr in the family room and a regular dvr in the finished basement plus a couple non dvrs elsewher. Under the current technology the multi room dvr will only "talk" to non dvr set top boxes.  ie: the two dvrs will not "talk" to eachother.

If I upgrade will the dvrs "talk"  ie, if we record in the family room can we watch on the basement dvr and vica versa??

If so I will upgrade-if not all I am buying is a bigger hard drive which we can live without.

I know there is a one time upgrade chargre, but what about additional monthly charges--???

Thanks--Bill

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded DVR capibility
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Currently, no dvr can speak to another. There is talk about that becoming a feature in the future but not in the near future. The next upgrade (1.9) will not have that. The upgrade after that is a possibility but that is unlikely to happen before the end of the year at the earliest. Verizon says they are working on it but no official announcement as to a release date.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

1.9 is supposed to have that from what I have been reading, so maybe cross our fingers?     I might have got bad info.  

0 Likes
pribco

Not the answer I was looking for, but so be it.

Don't understand why Verizon can't be clear and straight in their promo blurbs--for som reason they seem to always omit the "yeah,buts."

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

It's not local to Verizon.. I've been going through this for years with DirecTV. The rumors of what features will be in the next release, when that next release will be available, who will get it first, and why isn't DirecTV telling us what's going on?

0 Likes