VOD Blank Screens, poor VOD Menu response, picture skips/black outs
tdewar

I am now on my second HD DVR for my FIOS service. My first one was replaced three weeks ago because it started to develop problems. They were not there initially, but started and got worse over time. Now the second box, which operated flawlessly for two weeks has started the same problems and they are getting worse.

1) "Missing" VOD movies. On demand movie says it is playing, but has no sound or picture. Once this happens I have to unplug the DVR and reboot it. It has gone from never happening, to occasionally happening to I have to reboot every time I want to watch VOD, same as the old one.

2) Menu response on VOD is very slow and erratic. Once again, did not start this way.

3) Drop Outs. In the middle of watching HD TV, the picture will cut out for a brief second and then come back.

I am seeing many internet messages that lead me to believe these are HDMI problems. I do have my DVR connected via HDMI to a Pansonic Viera 42 inch set. If it is HDMI, why does it start out fine and get progressively bad as if the box is "going bad"?

As these get worse they go from minor annoyance to extremely annoying and impossible to watch. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: VOD Blank Screens, poor VOD Menu response, picture skips/black outs
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Hi TD sorry about the issue your experiencing.  If you get a few moments can you log into your router and make a change to a coax setting that has been known to help resolve latency with VOD. 

Open up a web browser..Remove your www.Homepage.com and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.

At the router login screen type in admin for user name and password or password1 for the password.

Click the blue broadband connection globe on the main page

Along the top column named rule name selection on the link that says COAX

Click settings

change the channell from 1-1150MHZ to AUTO.

Click apply

Logout

Let me know if this helps.

If not please go to your set top box click menu scroll down to help then chose self diagnostic and run the self test.  If you can let me know if any of the test fail and give me the SNR# we can discuss things further. 

0 Likes