VOD Searching Issues?
londovir
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just got FiOS installed yesterday, and while everything looks great, I've noticed that some of the VOD TV shows that are free, and listed on the VOD menu if you "drill down" far enough, simply don't appear under any kind of search. If I use the general search for "Family Guy", for example, it shows the results on network [live] television sources, but doesn't seem to notice anything on VOD. If I go to VOD and use the search function there, it still won't show up. I've tried searching via the name of the show, the actors, the characters, etc.

Is the search for VOD a little "off" for Verizon, and I just have to accept that some things won't search correctly? I noticed if I go to FiOS TV online and try to search there also, it won't find any of the Family Guy episodes either. The only way I find them is by going to the TV personally and doing it the hard way.

Thanks for any info!

0 Likes
Re: VOD Searching Issues?
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

@londovir wrote:

We just got FiOS installed yesterday, and while everything looks great, I've noticed that some of the VOD TV shows that are free, and listed on the VOD menu if you "drill down" far enough, simply don't appear under any kind of search. If I use the general search for "Family Guy", for example, it shows the results on network [live] television sources, but doesn't seem to notice anything on VOD. If I go to VOD and use the search function there, it still won't show up. I've tried searching via the name of the show, the actors, the characters, etc.

Is the search for VOD a little "off" for Verizon, and I just have to accept that some things won't search correctly? I noticed if I go to FiOS TV online and try to search there also, it won't find any of the Family Guy episodes either. The only way I find them is by going to the TV personally and doing it the hard way.

Thanks for any info!

FIOS has 2 types of searches, VOD and TV listings.  If you press "menu" on the remote, and then go to "search", you will be searching for scheduled programming.  If you press "on demand" on the remote, and then go to "search", you will be searching the VOD library.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: VOD Searching Issues?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Imcohen, that is wrong. The Menu search is global. It will give you everything in TV/VOD/DVR. The search in VOD is just for VOD.
0 Likes