Verizon Free View offers and cable card subscribers
Abextra

Free veiw cable TV offers require the subcriber to press C on their remote to activate the channel for veiwing however cable card subcribers dont have a verizon box or a verizon remote so they cant veiw these free veiw channels. Why cant verizon just open the channel for us card subscribers the same way the do for (preview offers) that do work with on cable cards? or give a credit ?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Free View offers and cable card subscribers
jonjones1
Legend

Because they want THE MONEY.......!

they want you to pay the higher costs for the stb and the tv upgrades.

they are in business to make money...

0 Likes
Abextra

My freind your advise is less than what I would expect from a Gold Contributor. Its true that Verizon offers Free-Veiws & Pre-Veiws to customers to intise them to upgrade services for more MONEY! However my question was related to why cable card customers are only able to take advantage of Pre-Veiw offers and not Free-Veiw offers. As we all know Cable card subcribers are also able to upgrade their services.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its another perk of being a stb user.

CC users don't get on demand and don't get some of the free events.

pay more get more.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Abextra wrote:

My freind your advise is less than what I would expect from a Gold Contributor. Its true that Verizon offers Free-Veiws & Pre-Veiws to customers to intise them to upgrade services for more MONEY! However my question was related to why cable card customers are only able to take advantage of Pre-Veiw offers and not Free-Veiw offers. As we all know Cable card subcribers are also able to upgrade their services.

My advice is actually spot on. Verizon unlike cable providers allow the use of cablecards on their service. The TRADE OFF is the functionality of the service.

it is very evident in business of this nature to try and force the customer to use their equipment (in this case a set top box) so you wouldn’t have to post about the pitfalls of cable cards versus STB’s

In another note on the broadband side Verizon allows the use of your own routers, but they do not support them or will give support past the ONT unless you have one available.

And don’t let all these titles in the forum get to mean anything. It’s basically posting stats, of which your answer or solution is not always going to be 100% because of a community forum badge or designation.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most cable providers also offer cable cards.

I beleive ATT Uverse might be the only one who doesn't because they are IPTV based.

jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Most cable providers also offer cable cards.

I beleive ATT Uverse might be the only one who doesn't because they are IPTV based.

https://www.fcc.gov/reports-research/guides/digital-cable-compatibility-cablecard-ready-devices

Thank you for the correction of my reply. You were right on. Per the link above.

i was never aware of that rule/law change. 

0 Likes