Re: Verizon dropping AMC?
johnsan
Enthusiast - Level 1

@sheila0405 wrote:

The two series Mad Men and The Walking Dead alone are bringing in huge numbers of viewers, and, therefore, AMC is able to increase its profits.  If AMC remains a part of Verizon's line up, then folks will want to use Fios for their tv viewing.  This is a win for both Verizon Fios and for AMC.  It's not a terriblet thing that AMC wants more money from Fios, considering the higher demand for the channel.  I think Verizon would be crazy to drop AMC.  Viewers will find another provider for their tv viewing.  I hope they work things out.

The terrible thing is that the viewers/customers are the ones that are going to suffer through this process.  Verizon in the end will just raise thier rates to try hold their bottom line.  In the meantime, the viewers will have to deal with the ridiculous ads, the lies and possibly miss some programming.  There are ways for the businesses to go about these types of negotiations while being mindful of the consumers.  They just chose to use us as pawns...   

sheila0405
Enthusiast - Level 2

And, if Verizon drops AMC, will our bill go down?  I doubt it.

0 Likes
MaxStorage
Enthusiast - Level 2

@johnsan wrote:

@sheila0405 wrote:

The two series Mad Men and The Walking Dead alone are bringing in huge numbers of viewers, and, therefore, AMC is able to increase its profits.  If AMC remains a part of Verizon's line up, then folks will want to use Fios for their tv viewing.  This is a win for both Verizon Fios and for AMC.  It's not a terriblet thing that AMC wants more money from Fios, considering the higher demand for the channel.  I think Verizon would be crazy to drop AMC.  Viewers will find another provider for their tv viewing.  I hope they work things out.

The terrible thing is that the viewers/customers are the ones that are going to suffer through this process.  Verizon in the end will just raise thier rates to try hold their bottom line.  In the meantime, the viewers will have to deal with the ridiculous ads, the lies and possibly miss some programming.  There are ways for the businesses to go about these types of negotiations while being mindful of the consumers.  They just chose to use us as pawns...   

They could do better and at making us aware of these types of things like not putting the ad in the show but wait until commercial. We will pay more anyway but I must say Verizon is cheaper than comcast here by about $60 with contract and I have the exact same package I could get. Get a fixed contract and your price won't go up for 1 or 2yr and near the end of it renegotiate for your same price.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon dropping MAC?
redblondie58

I repeatedly praise Verizon for the quality of tech support, response and quality.  what I will do if you cancel AMC is cancel my subscription, and advise those I recommended you to, to do the same.  many people thoroughly enjoy the movies and series.  I specifically enjoy walking dead.  cancel the station and I will be switching my services elsewhere, to a cheaper service.  I will advising my friends to submit comments as well, and to cancel their bundles as far as they can without violating cntracts,  no idle threat.  I already pay way too much for your services and would enjoy a service more in line with the programming I enjoy, not one I am stuck with.

0 Likes
No AMC on Verizon??? I hope for Verizon's sake this is a not true.
dbelisle1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't ask for much but I do demand what I pay for and I pay a hefty bill for Verizon FIOS.  AMC is in my cable package and I DO NOT Verizon to cancel AMC.  I along with many other Verizon customers I don't want AMC taken off our cable packages. What gives Verizon the right to make that decision?  Is Verizon turning into DISH now?  I voiced my feelings via email and phone call asap when I saw this information during the Walking Dead. If there are other Verizon customers out there that love AMC like I do and are against Verizon dropping AMC let it be known to Verizon.  Speaking for myself Verizon will lose me as a customer both on FIOS bundle package and Verizon Wireless.  Smiley Mad

0 Likes
aurak
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not very happy with this I am already paying too much for the service thru Verizon this is not the only time they have removed stations and not either add new ones or decrease people's bill. You keep stations that are worthless or I have stations that have nothing to offer me but am forced to get them and pay. I like watching tv shows I am always set to watch either The Walking Dead or Breaking Bad when they come on, I also watch WE TV for the movies and shows they have and now a new reality show MARY MARY will be coming on and your trying to tell me I will miss it. 

The more things keep changing I am going to have to either go back to Cablevision or DirectTV I can't warrant paying high prices for a TV service that keeps removing stations while others remain intact. I mean how much could AMC be trying to ask for that would really hurt or hinder Verizon's pocket with as much money they make between TV service, internet, wireless and home phone.

People say that it is AMC fault that they are asking cable/satellite providers to increase cost  to who? Anytime Verizon wants to increase cost they tack it on to the customer in some aspect.

Please don't take away important stations like this look into stations that you know people are not watching.

Re: AMC is not Verizon's fault....
Mcpreaches
Enthusiast - Level 1

No my bill will not go down, but it also won't go down when AMC starts making crappy programing. All shows end and when that does AMC will be crappy like it was before. If your the tech guy in the family, why would you switch to a service that is not as good b/c of 3 channels.... Thats like saying even though this digital camera has a bigger sencor and more color depth, I'm going to pick the other one b/c it has 15 more profile modes. Fact is camera is better even though it has a little less. I will never go back to Time Warner Cable even if Verizon looses AMC. Why b/c TWC has shotty service even thought they may have more channels.... More is not always more.

wingdam
Enthusiast - Level 3

How about dropping the Jesus channels instead?

Sah1015
I watched walking dead last and came to find out that Verizon is dropping AMC if this happens I will switch to cablevision
0 Likes
tazmdevil5

I will cancel all my Verizon Bios accounts of AMC is dropped,,,, y pay lots of money for Verizon and they went to keep dropping,,, no thanks I'll move on to something also

0 Likes