Very unhappy with Verizon services
ifnotforcomcast

This is my final attempt to come to some sort of compromise with the services provided from Verizon before I turn to alternative solutions.

Internet: My plan is for 50/50 but I consistantly average closer to 30/30 on the wifi. Speaking of wifi, my router is centrally located in my house, but I have wavering signal in may of the rooms. It's not a large house, either. 

FIOS TV: Considering dropping this service entirely in liu of alternative services. We do not watch much TV, but the main complaint centers around the image quality. Frequently, the signal seems to drop out with digital display artifacts throughout the image. We've had this issue in the past and an newer model DVR was sent to replace the one we had. We are still experiencing poor image quality, unfortunately. 

If anyone has technical advice, I'd be willing to listen, however, I believe we are just done dealing with this. 

0 Likes
Re: Very unhappy with Verizon services
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

First plug your computer into the router hard-wired to see if you are getting 50/50. Verizon does not guarantee wifi.  You can improve wifi by setting the router to performance mode instead of compatibility mode. Make sure that you are using WPA2 encryption. Check online to make sure that you have the latest drivers for your wireless card and run the fios speed optimizer on your computer and reboot the computer when you are done. Retest using the speedtest.verizon.net page to see if you have any improvement. If you are have problems with the TV check from the ONT back to the STB that all connections are tight. If you still have a problem then you are going to need a technician to check the RF signal to identify where the problem is.

0 Likes