Will MOCA Adapter Push the VOD and Menus to My "Network" of STB's?
Zman78
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had a STB that kept dropping signal.  After working with Verizon and replacing the STB it turns out that the coax to that location was bad.  I ran ethernet to it and it now works great.  Still using the Verizon QG though but plan to drop it.  Plan to install a MOCA adapter and Nighthawk router.  Only concern is if the MOCA adapter will be able to push the VOD and menus to my "network" of STB's.  Any insight on this?

0 Likes
Re: Will MOCA Adapter Push the VOD and Menus to My "Network" of STB's?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you ran an ethernet to the STB, the MoCA between the STB and G1100/3100 is disconnected? Can you find this out by going to the LAN Coax Status on the Gateway.

STBs need a Verizon router to activate and provide updates for them.

0 Likes
Re: Will MOCA Adapter Push the VOD and Menus to My "Network" of STB's?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

The FiOS ONE boxes really like to have a FiOS router as primary.  If they ever need to be re-activated, they require it.  Further, if you have any problems with the boxes or service and you don't have a Verizon router as primary, Verizon won't help you.  You may want to keep a Verizon router around in case there are any problems.

The FiOS ONE minis get all of their data and video from the main box via IP over MoCA, Ethernet or WiFi.  I've never tried one with a non-Verizon router created MoCA network.  I believe it should work; but you won't know for sure until you try.  Ethernet should behave the same.  If you want to use WiFi from a non-Verizon router, you need to go into the boxes' menu and find the WiFi setting.

You'll find this helpful:

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/14077

0 Likes