Windows Media Center WMC 7 program guide
mickeywires

I have a HTPC running WMC 7 and use it with a Ceton Infinity / Verizon Mcard, up untill last week My program guide in WMC worked perfectly and now I get "progam data not available" in the 90% of the channels. Has anyone else experienced this and what solutions, if any do you have.

I've done all the troble shooting I can, reboot, re-register the Mcard with Verizon, re-initialize Mcard with Verizon, reinstall WMC, etc. Any help would be much appreciated ... Verizon tech support has been unable to give me any useful information.

0 Likes
Re: Windows Media Center WMC 7 program guide
PJL
Master - Level 3

You may be in the area where Verizon reassigned QAM channels which messed up the channel mapping and PSID info.  It may be that the WMC guide provider has not yet caught up with the change.

0 Likes
ShawnKC

Yes, same thing happened to me.  This upcoming wednesday is the last day I have listings.  It's not refreshing anymore.

0 Likes
oct22741
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I cannot get my guide to update and now most of my channels are blank..... I'm sure i've missed many of my shows that were scheduled because of this. Anyone hear any updates?

0 Likes
oct22741
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok, i re-ran the tv setup and picked fios for my area during this. That didn't work initially, but when i rebooted and waited for 10-15 minutes everything is now working and I have guide listings again. 

I guess try that and see if that works for you as well.

ccrb

I am having the same issue-Guide will not download. A Verizon representative just told me they are phasing out using PC, with WMC. for  watching TV! I don't know if she knows what she is talking about, but if this is true, I have had it with FIO.

0 Likes
SnyderFD
Enthusiast - Level 1

See "Loss of Windows Media Center Guide data when FIOS headend changes"

Run TV Signal Setup again to recover the Guide

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ccrb wrote:

I am having the same issue-Guide will not download. A Verizon representative just told me they are phasing out using PC, with WMC. for  watching TV! I don't know if she knows what she is talking about, but if this is true, I have had it with FIO.

The Verizon rep did know know about what they were speaking.  As long as Verizon has cable cards (which they are required by the FCC to provide), you can use a tuner card that accepts cable cards to view FiOS. 

0 Likes
ccrb

They certainly don't know what they are talking about. I did the Channel set-up again in WMC and the guide is back! Wish they know what they were doing. ccrb

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@ccrb wrote:

...Wish they know what they were doing. ccrb

I wish is a dream your heart makes.  Sorry I couldn't resist.

0 Likes