active network ports on back of new fios quantum tv boxes
rbertolino
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone know when the network port on the back of my new fios quantum tv box will be activated?  It would solve a problem I have with a wifi dead spot on my porch where I have a smart tv located.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: active network ports on back of new fios quantum tv boxes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes they do.  Also consider other MOCA devices such as those from Netgear.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are active.  But the devices are not pass thru.  Note you can connect the IPC1100 via ethernet rather than MOCA.

rbertolino
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hadn't considered that.  Thank you.  Before I purchase a powerline adapter/bridge, does Verizon sell or lease a network bridge that operates over coax direct to the wireless router?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes they do.  Also consider other MOCA devices such as those from Netgear.

0 Likes
rbertolino
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  I appreciate your responses.  I'll look around.  

Something like this might be just what I need: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/actiontec-ethernet-to-coaxial-moca-network-adapter/9244145.p?id=12190077...

0 Likes
rbertolino
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apologies in advance as I double check:   Would I need a bridge or would these MoCA bridges/adapters be readily seen by Verizon's router?  i.e. would anything plugged into the netgear or actiontec coax to ethernet adapter be served by my Verizon router's DHCP server?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rbertolino wrote:

Apologies in advance as I double check:   Would I need a bridge or would these MoCA bridges/adapters be readily seen by Verizon's router?  i.e. would anything plugged into the netgear or actiontec coax to ethernet adapter be served by my Verizon router's DHCP server?

I am not up on the models but those that work (Moca 1.1 and maybe moca 2.0) will be seen by you router. 

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just buy an Actiontec MOCA bridge ... ECB2500 ... from your favorite retailer.

http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Ethernet-Adapter-Service-ECB2500C/dp/B008C1JC4O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&q...

The bridge will pair automatically with your Actiontec router from Verizon.  No configuration necessary.  I've been using a bridge (and a switch for multiple ethernet ports at the bridge end) between my upstairs and basement locations for the past 4 years with no issues whatsoever.

A single bridge unit is all you need as the router (connected to the coax) is the other half of the bridge.

0 Likes
rbertolino
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you all for the responses.  I appreciate it.

0 Likes