more sports channels leaving
srxdba
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just got a notice that 3 sports channels are being moved out of a package I'm paying for and into packages that will cost me extra, but no new channels are being added to the packages I'm paying for...meaning a net loss of channels...again.

Is this an approach to stay competitive with Xfinity?

0 Likes
Re: more channels leaving
Barbara241

I got the same message today. What a run around I got from India and the Philipines about it. Tech in India said their "back team" verified the message, but I needed to speak to billing to get some answeres Billing in the Phillipines told me there was no such message sent out, so I was sent to Tech again and was told the message sent to me was a fraud. What a joke as the email reply was the same as the Verizon website.

I just signed a new contract in Sept largely based on our college sports viewing. This is WRONG, To be told you must upgrade to Extreme or u Sportspass to get the channels you just signed up for. Isn't that  yet ANOTHER class action suit in the making?

VERIZON has the world's worst customer service on planet Earth. Either you get bold faced lies, promises to call back that never come, misleading info, more bold faced lies, or "we don't have that information in our dept." It isn't the fact you can never get an American to speak with (Verizon would outsource their mothers if they could), or that no one, but no one has the authority to DO anything, but that their MO is clearly to waste so much of your time you just give up.

But not this time.  If they break my contract by reneging on my channels , I am under no compulsion to stay with them.

0 Likes
dropped channels
jbeening
Enthusiast - Level 1

i got the following email today from verizon " "

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

We are writing to notify you about certain upcoming programming changes to your Verizon 

FiOS TV channel lineup.  On or after April 16, 2015, the following channels will be removed from the FiOS® TV Extreme package you are currently subscribed to:

Fox College Sports Atlantic  – Channel 300

Fox College Sports Central  – Channel 301

Fox College Sports Pacific   – Channel 302

Should you wish to continue viewing these channels, you may upgrade to the Verizon Ultimate HD package or purchase our Sports Pass at verizon.com/myverizon."

How much will my monthly fee be reduced by to reflect the diminished services offered?

I didn't think so....

Re: dropped channels
SCTexan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm complaining too.  That just isn't right.  You agree to a 2 year deal with certain stations and they take them away and charge you more to view them.  Hey Verizon, wait till my contract is up, then renotiate the package and price.

The weather Channel
kbl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can Verizon just decide not to carry channels that I paid for but I can't decide how much to pay.  A contract is a contract but I'm sure there is a loophole that benefits Verizon and not me.  I will look elsewhere for service unless they reduce my rate.  This has happened with several channels over the years and I'm fed up with them.

Re: dropped channels
RHhandy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another stab !  After losing ch 307 308 133 and the HD versions now our GO TO channel 49 "the weather channel" suddenly goes blank in favor of an "inferior" weather version. Widget is useless, press a half dozen buttons to get nothing pertinent. I want Pittsburgh weather, not N.Y. Connecticut, Louisiana etc. I want to see the progression of the weather as it approaches where "I live".

The bean counters decided, look we can save money by shafting our customers to improve the bottom line. Well I am the bottom line. I enjoyed Jim Cantore and the towing company on slow weather days. Need I go on???

Losing more channels?
Strong2
Dear Values Verizon Corporation,

I see a lot of take without any give. First the Weather Channel and now Fox College Sports? No refund, no better channels. Only lesser quality or nothing in return for our 'valued' commitment to faithfully honoring our end of the contract. Simply reaffirms my decision to drop Verizon when my contract expires.

Signed,

A Valued Customer

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

We are writing to notify you about certain upcoming programming changes to your Verizon
FiOS TV channel lineup. On or after April 16, 2015, the following channels will be removed from the FiOS® TV Extreme package you are currently subscribed to:

Fox College Sports Atlantic – Channel 300
Fox College Sports Central – Channel 301
Fox College Sports Pacific – Channel 302

Should you wish to continue viewing these channels, you may upgrade to the Verizon Ultimate HD package or purchase our Sports Pass at verizon.com/myverizon.

Thank you for being a Verizon customer.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team
0 Likes
Re: Losing more channels?
cyclestrong

I reached out to Verizon to ask about adjustments to our bill due to a loss of product.  I received the fine print about Verizon being able to change lineups with or without prior notice at not change to rates (except to increase them, I suppose).  Dropping channels without rate adjustment is more profit in Verizon's pocket.  Has me looking at Comcast again as well as DirectTV. 

This is poor customer service...

0 Likes
Re: The weather Channel
dprstevens

Agree. I do not like the idea that they can take away a channel, in this case a superior product and replace it with a significantly inferior product. Weather channel is more than just the local forecast.

0 Likes
Re: Losing more channels?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So should they be able to increase the price when they add new channels?

Unless they sync everyone's contract to start and end at the same time, they would never be able to make a change.

BTW, all cable companies do this.

0 Likes