new problems with new ost
mja351
Enthusiast - Level 3
now on top of all the other problems i have with my boxes now i have 2 boxes taht have a mind of their own.sometimes when i change the channel the clock on the box goes blank then the channel flashes and then changes by itself.this will not stop unless the box is rebooted and ive had it with the verizon experience.this happens on 2 boxes in my home and there is 2 more boxes that im sure it will happen on eventually..today after experiencing this problem on 2 boxes i went to my dads home and his box did the exact same thing.now verizon ur equiptmrnt is garbage and your operating systems are a joke 1.9 or 1.9.1 .verizon stop trying to rob your employees of their benefits and straighten out the products you sell
0 Likes
Re: new problems with new ost
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I've been seeing this happen when flipping through channels very fast every since the 1.9.1 upgrade.  It doesn't happen very often, but the box seems to get stuck and slowly changes the channel, flashes for a while, then changes to the next one and so on.  The only solution has been wait until it catches up (slow at about 20-30 seconds per channel) or reboot it.  It's happened to me twice since the upgrade.  It never happened before that.  I have a 7216 box.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It could be the video processing - try making a change to the menu

click menu>settings>video settings>SD override, turn it off

Exit the menu and test.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, mine is off.  It's not happening to me very much and not a big deal.  Just something I noticed recently.  Seems like a bigger issue for the OP.

0 Likes
mja351
Enthusiast - Level 3

atleast im not the only one and yes fliiping thru the channels quickly causes the issue and it happens on hd channels it should have nothing to do with an sd over ride setting

0 Likes