oob not detected
alexzandra

So we already have had Verizon Fios Internet, and we just decided to add Fios TV, but no landline. I just picked up my boxes and while setting up, it's telling me to check my coax cable, and reads oob not detected, error 1101. Can someone please help me out with fixing this?

0 Likes
Re: oob not detected
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was TV service supposed to be enabled yet?

0 Likes
GalAl1

EXACT same senario. I had Fios internet, and just added TV. Set top box not finding the internet. Been trying to do Verizon's EASY SET UP for three days now. On with my fourth Verizon tech in three days. Already logged in around 10 hours trying to set this up. To no avail.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of questions:

1) Are you using FIOS router?

2) If using FIOS router, is it connected to the same coax that feeds the STB?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No OOB means that the in-house coax is not connected to the ONT. It could also mean that it is connected but to the Cable provider in your area. 

Like the other poster said you also need coax connected to the router. Your setup should be coax from ONT to a main splitter. Then the coax outs from your splitter will go to your router and cable boxes. 

0 Likes
CLASystems

@Edg1 wrote:

No OOB means that the in-house coax is not connected to the ONT. It could also mean that it is connected but to the Cable provider in your area. 

Like the other poster said you also need coax connected to the router. Your setup should be coax from ONT to a main splitter. Then the coax outs from your splitter will go to your router and cable boxes. 

That helps me partially but my setup is different.

I have gigabit Internet and a Cat-6 wire to the router as well.  I assume lower speed setups only have the coax, is that correct [and it can't handle the higher bandwidth].
Now I have a question [posted separately on this forum.
 The new TV One server box which must be wired ALSO has an ethernet connection on it.  Does that mean it does NOT necessarily need the coax?  I would like to eliminate the local splitter for neatness and just have a nice short RJ45 cable between the router and the new TV One STB?

I suspect I am the first to ask, and if so I will answer my own question on the other form question on that topic, etc.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@CLASystems wrote:

@Edg1 wrote:

That helps me partially but my setup is different.

I have gigabit Internet and a Cat-6 wire to the router as well.  I assume lower speed setups only have the coax, is that correct [and it can't handle the higher bandwidth].
Now I have a question [posted separately on this forum.
 The new TV One server box which must be wired ALSO has an ethernet connection on it.  Does that mean it does NOT necessarily need the coax?  I would like to eliminate the local splitter for neatness and just have a nice short RJ45 cable between the router and the new TV One STB?

I suspect I am the first to ask, and if so I will answer my own question on the other form question on that topic, etc.

You are correct on higher speeds over 100 mbps need ethernet to the router. In your setup the router and TV one box both need coax. The mini boxes can be wifi, coax, or ethernet. 

0 Likes