"Press Menu to Watch Fios TV" logo-turned off but came back!
TracyS123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hated that logo that would appear when I would turn my TV on that says "Press menu to watch Fios TV. Otherwise turn your TV off." I looked through all the settings and options and finally found out how to get rid of it. I don't remember where I found it but it had options for that logo to come on after certain time intervals or to never come on. So I changed it to never and it stopped coming on for awhile.

Unfortunately, now it's back! I found that option again, assuming it had somehow been changed but it was still set to never come on. So why is it coming on again? I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that I tape some things on VHS. Ok, you can stop laughing now about the fact that I use VHS. 😉 I have my reasons though it's not worth taking the time to explain. Anyway, the problem is that if that logo is on while the VHS is taping, all it tapes is the logo, not the show I had programmed to tape.

Does anyone have any idea why this logo came back, even though the setting is still set to not have it appear and what I can do to fix this problem?

Thank you!

-Tracy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Press Menu to Watch Fios TV" logo-turned off but came back!
TracyS123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, that's not really what I was talking about (turning the box off) but it doesn't matter anyway because I tried a couple of things-refreshing and rebooting my set top box-and it seems to have fixed the problem, at least for now! The screensaver (or whatever it is) is back to the setting I had put it at. Thanks!

-Tracy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depends on what model box you have.

But generally, look for screen saver.

Also, no real advantage to turn the box off.

Doesn't save any energy.

0 Likes
TracyS123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, that's not really what I was talking about (turning the box off) but it doesn't matter anyway because I tried a couple of things-refreshing and rebooting my set top box-and it seems to have fixed the problem, at least for now! The screensaver (or whatever it is) is back to the setting I had put it at. Thanks!

-Tracy

0 Likes
My 2 cents - Epic Fail on the Menu
JMC12

Almost enought for me to go back to Comcast! ( not really, I wake up every day not missing those guys)

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes