set top box endlessly reboots
axw

when using the new on-demand service. live-tv is flawless.

they are sending me a replacement box to replace my recently replaced box because that is all they can offer me,

poorly written software and an under powered CPU = broken service

of course, they did offer me a $50 charge to upgrade to fios-1. there is a conspiracy theory in there somewhere )

0 Likes
Re: set top box endlessly reboots
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just like a six year old computer has a CPU that is slow by modern standards, the older set-top-boxes are slow when handling some of the newer features.

What model set-top-box do you have?

Good Luck.

0 Likes
axw

QIP7232-P2

0 Likes
axw

and TBH while your comment is quite correct its not my problem to manage. Verizon owns the equipment and the software and is responsible for making it work.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yup, that's an older box.  It probably is rather slow with the on-demand function, which is what I experienced on my old boxes prior to upgrading to FiOS One boxes.

If it's rebooting every time you access on-demand, it's sounds like a bad box and that's why they are sending you a new one.  If that box has the same issue, go back and report it again.  Maybe you can get them to waive the upgrade fee; especially if you call and say you're going to cancel because of the slow, buggy box.

If it helps, I've found the FiOS One boxes to be much better then the old boxes.  Overall faster response in all menus; RF remote; coax, WiFi and Ethernet connectivity options on the remote ("mini") boxes; small size; no fan noise; 4K capable and so on.  Know they don't have clocks on the front, which some people love and some hate.  It was worth the $50 upgrade fee for me, but that's up to you to decide. 

Good Luck

0 Likes