Re: Tennis Channel back NOW!
lauradc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am VERY disappointed that the Tennis Channel has been pulled-lot of class Verizon...am considering cancelling

Re: tennis channel
t4echo2
I clearly believe this is Tennis Channel's move to pull the plug during the US Open while they are in negotiation with FIOS. Luckily you can watch it streaming online. I hope this doesn't cause any changes to the current HD lineup, etc. Sounds like Tennis Channel is trying to to get on a lower tier for more exposure. At least this is the last night for match coverage on the Tennis Channel!!
0 Likes
jlf03
Enthusiast - Level 1

The good news is that TTC has live streaming of matches available - I don't know if this is something that was available previous to the issue with various cable serivice providers but there is a link from their website. The bad news, however, is that it is not great quality but I don't know if that is a function of their system or a slow connectionon my end.

0 Likes
reggie74

I agree with you  why doing the Open..also considering canceling.

0 Likes
johnpalnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. Bogus of Verizon to cut FiOS during the US Open.We've paid for it -- put it back on!

rafter69
Enthusiast - Level 2

i think that was the point, that the tennis channel chose this time to annoy the most people...from the reports i've read, the tennis channel wants to be on the basic line ups and not in the tiers that you have to pay for, verizon must have said no, they want them to be paid for so it was dropped. i am sure the time frame of the US OPEN was on purpose to get people riled up. I had the tennis channel under the extreme package...but i see its not listed there anymore. is it only on for the ultimate package?

demi83
Enthusiast - Level 1

With DirectTv I could watch 8 channels of Open Tennis! Now I'm paying $70.00 for Ultimate HD and can't even see 1!!!!! SMH???

rafter69
Enthusiast - Level 2

i had the tennis channel on my extreme package, this was not the most expensive line up...so is it being pulled off of this one and moved into the higher 90 dollar one? or is verizon planning on not carrying it at all?

0 Likes
demi83
Enthusiast - Level 1

And that's $70.00 OVER THE $99.00 IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE!!!!

0 Likes
jburg2
Enthusiast - Level 1

There isn't a week that goes by that Comcast doesn't make me an offer that's superior to what I currently have from Verizon FIOS.  Up to this point, it  just hasn't been work the hassle.  Now, it's worth the hassle.