$250 Gift Card Denied
megdoc8

I purchased Fios from a door-to-door salesman.  I was told that I would receive a $250 gift card for being a Verizon Wireless customer after making 2 on-time payments.  I was also told that I would get free HBO for two years.  I "verified" the order on my cell phone, not noticing that it was missing the HBO and $250 gift card until I received the order via e-mail and looked at it on a larger screen.  I called Verizon and they were able to append the HBO to my original order, but I was told that the $250 gift card would be "automatic" and didn't need to be added to the order.  I was told that because I signed up for my Fios account with a Verizon Wireless cell phone number the gift card would be automatically sent.  I've made 4 on-time payments, and have called Verizon and been transferred to half a dozen different areas/representatives.  Long story short, because the gift card wasn't on the order, there is nothing they can do to help...and they can't alter the order now.  So basically I lose $250 because the four people I interacted with in October didn't give me correct information.  Very frustrated.  I've been a wireless customer for about 12 years, but this kind of treatment really makes me reconsider that.    

0 Likes
Re: $250 Gift Card Denied
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes