$250 Gift Card Problem & Poor Phone Support for No Resolution
McLewis2

I'd like to start off saying this could have been resolved in private, on the phone or via email, but poor customer support has led me here, to publicly rant.

When we signed up for Verizon and switched from Comcast, our sales agent stood in our home and told us we'd be receiving a $250 visa gift card as a bonus.  In our account, it clearly says we're supposed to be receiving a "$250 Visa Prepared Card."  We registered (despite the website saying we haven't), however we received a $250 Verizon Wireless giftcard.  Not a Prepaid Visa card, but only something we can use at Verizon Wireless stores or to pay a Verizon Wireless bill.  My husband tried calling the number provided [Is any of this information incorrect? Please call us to review your account.] and was given a new number to call.  Not even transferred!  There he talked to MyRewards which was useless, and then was instructed to call yet another number.  That number told him that the order for the card we have matches what they have on file and they can't change anything.  That representative said there wasn't anything that could be done, so gave him yet another number to call, which led him to Verizon Wireless.  The representative said there was nothing he could do, since Verizon Wireless didn't issue the card.  What an incredible waste of time.  So I'm wasting more time writing this post.

I need to speak to someone who can sort this matter out and give us the correct gift card.  And I also need someone to explain to me why

1.) your company cares so little about customers that you can't bother transferring them vs giving them new numbers to call,

2.) no one is able to resolve this matter on the phone, live, where it should be much simpler to address, and

3.) this seems to be a habit that dates back to negative forum posts from 2013, which shows your company doesn't improve or learn its lessons.  Nor has it figured out how to solve a recurring problem when customers contact.  (Note: I saw a post from 3/29/17 with the exact same issue.  If your people were trained to respond, you wouldn't have such negative feedback on your forums.)

I've got to say, adding this on top of the fact that we can't get the BBC or watch a Red Sox game without paying a ton of extra money, or watch half of the shows On Demand that we used to be able to watch on Comcast... I'm not really sure this is a better deal.  

0 Likes
Re: $250 Gift Card Problem & Poor Phone Support for No Resolution
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi McLewis,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes