$250 Gift Card
thebhive24

I was told I would receive a $250 Verizon Wireless gift card after 90 days.  I have the chat saved where the person who I worked with confirmed this.  It has been well over 90 days and I still have not received the gift card!  I see many people with this same issue and that is a major disappointment.

0 Likes
Re: $250 Gift Card
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried contacting customer service?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@thebhive24wrote:

I was told I would receive a $250 Verizon Wireless gift card after 90 days.  I have the chat saved where the person who I worked with confirmed this.  It has been well over 90 days and I still have not received the gift card!  I see many people with this same issue and that is a major disappointment.

This is a scam by Verizon. You want to get this card, contact your states attorney generals office. They handle this type of issue.

it is one of the gotchas that Verizon uses, then reneges on to the guilable customers that get service on a promise of a gift card.

it is never a good idea to obtain service on these conditions. You will be paying more for having the gift card, and that if you actually receive it.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I got my card with no problem,.

So don't think it is a scam.

More a case of not being efficient in getting them sent out.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

(SNIP)

You know that could be so, however inducements which offer such cards should be efficient enough to produce the rewards in a timely manner.

people who take these inducements don’t realize they are paying more for their services in the long run.

Then with the fine print like must pay your invoice on time every time for 90 days or forfeit the rewards card, or the fact the card cannot be redeemed until after your 30 days satisfaction guarantee so you are now locked in for 1-2 years. These rewards are just another gotcha. People on the most part don’t read the whole particulars. 

I purchased fios Fios because it was the best service, not for any rewards cards. Same with Verizon wireless they are the best. But again I don’t need any inducements.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jonjones wrote:

@CRobGauthwrote:

(SNIP)

Then with the fine print like must pay your invoice on time every time for 90 days or forfeit the rewards card, or the fact the card cannot be redeemed until after your 30 days satisfaction guarantee so you are now locked in for 1-2 years. These rewards are just another gotcha. People on the most part don’t read the whole particulars. 

These just make business sense.

If cards were given out as soon as you signed up, how many people would sign up and then cancel a week later while keeping the $250 card?

As far as paying bills on time, no different than credit cards that give you a good rate unless you don't pay your bills.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

These just make business sense.

If cards were given out as soon as you signed up, how many people would sign up and then cancel a week later while keeping the $250 card?

As far as paying bills on time, no different than credit cards that give you a good rate unless you don't pay your bills.

Oh I agree with your answer. There has to be checks and balances with such gotchas.

but unlike credit card limits +/- interest rate the gift card gotchas are such Verizon states after the fact you were not eligible for the card, or we have no record of the card in your customer profile, etc. in these cases it is fraud. So no gift card, but poor customer then gets locked into a service that was not honored. Then to make matters worse the customers have to worry about early termination fees or a bad credit posting because of non payment. It’s the companies that should get a bad rating and treble damages accessed for non compliance with the postedor stated inducements.

its the consumer that gets hurt once again. 

0 Likes
maya777

I also got caught by the gift card scam. Just got off the phone after being transferred 5 times by agents. My $250 gift card is never coming.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi maya777,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Gift Card
maya777

I was promised a $250 gift card if I switched from Cox to FIOS.

I did back in January 2018. After many phone calls and a promise on March 6 that they were mailing the gift card still nothing.

I posted on this forum 3 weeks ago. Some one replied and told me my case was being escalated. Still nothing. So what is the next step? Does anyone know what to do? FCC complaint? BBB complaint? This is absurd. I've realized I am not the only one who was mislead. I've read so many posts from others who have had the same thing happen.

0 Likes