$300 renew your account SCAM
mommaann831
Enthusiast - Level 1

It never fails we try to do the right thing and stay with Fios home service we have the same package we signed up with when we first allowed Fios in our home in Jan of 2014 for a two-year package(2014-2016) which is the ULTIMATE we have everything.  They sent us the $400 debit reward card like they promised  so all went well the first two years so we are asked to sign up again for another 2 years (2016-2018) and get promised the NEW Router they have this time for free,  this is when it started, after we confirm and sign up for the next two years which we wait for the router and guess what no router I had to prove to them that we were promised the router always keep copies of yourCHAT Talks. took around three weeks of back and forth with them telling us no your not going to get the router we are sorry but you missed the deadline or something like that but after we told them no router then we are leaving, they gave in and sent us the Router and all was well again. Now we signed up in OCT 2018 for another 2 years and was promised a $300 gift card and guess what they are at it again. in the mail we get a card for $150 NOT the $300 we were promised this is it! we are done with them.  This time without fail after Wednesday I will call them to close this account once they got you signed then the games start and we are not putting up with it anymore. word of advice friends, if you chattalk or whatever and they PROMISE you something GET PROOF ( an email Chattalk or whatever you can get ) cause they go back on their words.They will promise you the world only to get the account renewed. and the worst part is we like Fios and they are treating us like Time Waner would. This is not fair maybe because I just made 90 years old on Nov 28th they think I don't have any marbles left ! I still have ALL my marbles my friends at Fios they may not be in the original bag but I still have everyone ! 

Thank you ( for what? I have no idea )

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: $300 renew your account SCAM
jonjones1
Legend

Since you are a NY Resident you can get assistance from this site.

https://ag.ny.gov

Telephone them and explain. You will need proof of your claim. Without it they can do nothing.

Good Luck

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mommaann831,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
DON'T TRUST VERIZON FIOS FOR THEIR HOME SERVICE PROMISES !
mommaann831
Enthusiast - Level 1

Listen to me my friends, Whether you are starting a NEW Home Service Account or RENEWING yours existing Home Service account if they offer  or  PROMISE you anything if you are doing this online in a CHAT make sure you make a copy of the Chat

and tell the person you are with to email you in writing what they just offered you BEFORE you agree to start or renew said account. In other words, just make sure you have proof of the offer because if they deny the offer you will have the proof you need to fight for the offer. For some reason, I do not know why VERIZON FIOS has a bad habit of going back on their words lately ( just read all the complaints in the forum)

You know and it's a shame because they are slowly turning into a copy of that other cable company and this is very sad. When you can't keep your word for an offer that's sad and you know the best part say they offer you a $100.00 gift card  you know your paying for that card from your account monthly fees they may say it's a gift but you are paying yourself $100.00 and they just say it's a so-called gift it's like a loan advance so I really don't know why they don't honor their promise when they offer someone a so-called gift because it's not really costing them anything.

Anyway again Please make sure you have your proof when you do any type of dealing with Verizon Fios. Take Care and be well and keep safe!

Signed

UnoHoo

0 Likes
nico213
Enthusiast - Level 3

yup I was lied to when I first signed up and they blamed it on poor training lol if you lie then it is not poor training it is LYING and nothing else!!!!