5 Weeks and My Permanent Cable Still Not Buried
trholli

Verizon installed Fios in our home on 2 December, at which time the technician had to run a temporary line for our service.  He and I had a conversation, during which he indicated his surprise that the permanent line was not already buried and hooked up -- I had ordered Fios more than 3 weeks before the installation date.  Regardless, the technician said he was placing the service order and that someone would be out within a few days to bury the permanent line and remove the temporary cable (which is running across a neighbor's yard and three driveways.  

Of course, no one showed up the next week.  I called Verizon on Friday night and, after at least 30 minutes, was told that an order was placed and someone would be out that weekend.  No one came.  I have since made multiple calls and have received multiple text messages with alleged ticket numbers.  Someone has shown up on two separate occasions - once they left without doing anything, and the second time the technician said that the ticket was incorrect so he couldn't take any action.  Apparently, the person who submitted the ticket ordered the hook-up of the permanent cable; however, the permanent cable had not been laid/buried, so there was nothing the technician could do.

After yet another phone call, someone finally came out approximately 10 days ago and marked the utility lines.  But, as has been the case for 5 consecutive weeks, no one has come to bury the cable.  During my call to Verizon 2 weeks ago I was assured that someone would be out this past week and that I would eventually see a roll of cable at the corner of my house -- this was to be an indication that the cable had been buried and we would soon have an appointment for the switchover to the permanent line.  

Still nothing.  

This is beyond ridiculous.  It would be one thing if the Verizon reps were realistic about the timelines or if I didn't receive multiple text messages telling me that someone would be out to complete the "repairs" by 8:00 PM the next business day.  Thus far, Verizon is batting .000 on its promises and has been an abject failure as it relates to handling any service calls.  And reading through the forum and seeing similar complaints from customers really makes me rethink my decision to choose Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: 5 Weeks and My Permanent Cable Still Not Buried
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi trholli,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes