A Verizon CS "Manager" hung up on me last night immediately after picking up my call
arentz00
Enthusiast - Level 1

During the last month I had called into Verizon FIOS tech support due to us not receiving all the channels and in the process i believe the techs removed then re-added our boxes from our package which resolved the issue with the channels, but caused us to be overcharged for the most recent month. I called in and spoke with a representative who was helpful in adjusting the account so that going forward we will be charged the amount we signed on for. However, after getting off the phone with her I realized that we had not been credited the full amount that was due to us for the current month overcharge.

I called back and spoke with a CSR named "Jenna" and explained the issue to her. Right away I could tell she was not understanding what I was explaining to her (note: this was NOT a complicated issue to understand and resolve. It was very cut and dry.). She repeatedly told me that the charges to my account were for the correct amount, and that my bill increase was a result of an increase in the price of set-top boxes (since my bill had already been fixed for the months going forward, the girl's logic would imply that Verizon arbitrarily increased the price on set-top boxes for the month of October). Additionally, her attitude on the phone was extremely rude and unprofessional. When it was clear I wasn't getting anywhere with Jenna, I asked to be transferred to a manager. After waiting on hold and having her attempt to upsell me some sort of Verizon/Redbox joint service, she transferred me to a "manager." This "manager" picked up the call without introducing himself, quickly said "the charges on your account are sustained. Good night" and disconnected the call without me even having the chance to talk.

Never in my life have I been treated with such disrespect from a company that I do business with, which says a lot because I was with Comcast for about 8 years. I gave the CSR no reason to treat me with such disdain despite being very frustrated with her inability to resolve such a basic issue. It was bad enough that I had to spend hours of my night on the phone with them helping sort out an issue I wasn't responsible for; insulting me on top of it is downright repulsive.

The only reason I haven't gone to the BBB already about this is upon calling back I was connected with another CSR named Jenna who was extremely polite and sweet, had no trouble understanding my issue, and went out of her way to finally resolve my issue (Note: this Jenna was from Indiana. DO NOT confuse the two. You would be lucky to have more employees like this one.)

0 Likes