Another Bad Contract Renewal Story
Patsfan236

Extremely frustrated here and ready to call Comcast (you know it's bad when you're willing to call Comcast).

My contract was up for renewal.  On 11/21, I called a rep to talk about new terms.  He stated that he could lower my bill by $16 with the same services.  He emailed me an order preview which looked good.  I was pleasantly surprised I could lower my bill,even by a little bit.  I agreed to the offer and we hung up.  Fice minutes later, I get an order confirmation with the price $40 higher than what I was currently paying.  I immediately called back and got another rep.  She at first claimed she couldn't find the original email, but a few minutes later, came back and said she found it.  However, since the order was placed, it had to go through a formal process and she filed a "ticket" and asked me to wait a couple of weeks.  Not being happy, I grudgingly agreed to be patient.

The next day, I logged onto my account and found that the higher contract was now active.  I called back, got a 3rd rep who bluntly told me I had to wait until 12/5 and there was no one who could help me until then.  So again, I decided to be patient.

!2/5 came and went with no call, email or change on my account.  I called this morning and got rep #4 on the line who told me that the ticket had not been looked at yet and he had no way to put me in touch with the team who is supposed to be looking at it.  I asked for a supervisor, got put on hold and then disconnected after 20 minutes.

I call back and get rep #5, tell the same story for the 4th time, asl for a supervisor and finally get one.  She then claims not to have an record of the preview email.  I offer to email it to her, but she tells me she can't get external emails.  But I can fax it to her and it will take 3-5 business days before someone looks at it.

So to summarize, 5 reps and a supervisor.  One rep can see the preview email but can't do anything, the supervisor can't see it and won't do anything unless I can hunt down a fax machine and send it to her.  A special marketing team has to handle this, btu I can't talk to them directly and the reps can't contact them.  They can't receive email so I can send documentation (the preview email) and instead I have to find a fax machine and continue to wait.

So at this point, when the next bill comes in, they will get a check for what I agreed to, along with a copy of the email.  In the meantime, I will call Comcast and arrange to have my service switched over. 

This is a horrific customer service system when reps cannot work to resolve an issue because of some imposed limitations.  All this just so I can continue to send them money.  I'm just fortunate that my town has competing providers so I at least have options.

So long Verizon, you were decent for 6 years but really blew this one.

0 Likes
Re: Another Bad Contract Renewal Story
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Patsfan236,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes