Appointment rescheduled twice, won't have home wi-fi for another month!
Az18

I am a new Verizon Fios customer and at this point I am really disappointed and frustrated. My story is more or less like the others, technician no show, had to reschedule twice. Right now my installation appointment is pushed to June 10th, I just don’t know whether it’s worth it to wait until then. What if I wasted two whole months with no home Wi-Fi just to find out I won’t have Internet for another month? Dealing with call center customer service sure gives you that idea; each agent had a different version of how my case will be handled, nothing is for certain.

Here is the whole story. I ordered the TV and Internet bundle back in April. The initial installation date is April 18th. I received an automated message saying my appointment is canceled due to the strike. With understanding, I raised no objections and rescheduled the appointment to May 8th. On that day, I was already a little suspicious when Verizon never called to confirm the appointment, but I still got up at 7:30 AM in the hope that a technician will show up on time. No surprise nobody came. No call, no email, no whatsoever.

I called customer service, and was told that the next available date for installation is June 10th. I told the agent I couldn’t wait that long, she then offered a jetpack and I agreed. When I log onto my account later that day, I didn’t see the new appointment, I called customer service again. The agent confirmed the date but told me she didn’t see a request for jetpack and I should talk to wireless department directly. After waiting for 20 minutes or so, I finally got to someone in the wireless department and was told that they could not give out jetpack for free then she hang up on me!! When I dialed customer service the third time, another agent told me I shall get the jetpack 3 to 5 business days but she refused to give me any kind of email confirmation or tracking number. So I could be waiting for a week for nothing, if that's not the worst. 

I am so frustrated right now, already overspent $90 on my phone bill as I am using my cellphone as a hotspot. I always thought verizon is a reputable company but my recent experience tells me differently.

0 Likes
Re: Appointment rescheduled twice, won't have home wi-fi for another month!
mdx

It's most decidedly NOT worth it. Cancel and get out of there as soon as you can. Get them to waive any cancellation fees.

I waited nearly a month for an installation appointment only to be told today (two days from the appointment) that they needed to reschedule me and the earliest available appointment was AUGUST. Run, run, run away from Verizon as fast as you can, they will string you along forever and the damage is going to take months to fix.

0 Likes
Re: Appointment rescheduled twice, won't have home wi-fi for another month!
michaeldrey825

Could not agree more. Had my appointment yesterday scheduled between 8am-12pm. 1pm rolls around and no technician or anything. I called up to check to see if they were running late and after holding for 20 mins they told me they cannot get in contact with dispatch and that I will have to wait for them to call...

It's 5pm the next day and no call or anything. Needless to say I'm NOT rescheduling  my appointment for June 30th as I have been waiting since April 23rd. Looking like I'm jumping ship over to xfinity.

0 Likes