Autopay deception
Reyna2

I just tried to save some money by switching tv packages and was told I would be saving almost $20. So I agreed and the. Found out the only way I could save the money was to enroll in autopay which is not possible for me to do. This is because I collect disability and my check comes the second Wednesday of the month, not a set date. So autopay doesn’t work for me. The person helping me online was not up front and snuck this “discount” in making me think I was saving more. So after about 30 min of online chitter chat, I’m back to where I was. I’m so angry. How can you have reps sneak a service In especially when they won’t work for certain customers. 

0 Likes
Re: Autopay deception
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don’t understand how the rep was being deceptive. How are they supposed to know you can’t do autopay? Sounds like they were just trying to get you a discount. 

0 Likes
Reyna2

She told me by switching packages that I would save about $20. This is misleading. She should have informed me that the savings switching the package would have been $10 and the auto pay and addition $10. Instead, I found out when reviewing the order confirmation that I would be required to enroll in the autopay. Dishonest. Sneaky. That’s all. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Reyna wrote:

She told me by switching packages that I would save about $20. This is misleading. She should have informed me that the savings switching the package would have been $10 and the auto pay and addition $10. Instead, I found out when reviewing the order confirmation that I would be required to enroll in the autopay. Dishonest. Sneaky. That’s all. 

Even without auto pay you still save $10. So its cheaper as you wanted. The auto pay is just an additional savings. You cannot do it so you save $10

0 Likes