Availability Question
dragnwlf261

I recently moved and FIOS isn't available in my subdivision but it is available .25 mile up the street, is there any process or people to talk to get it extended over?

0 Likes
Re: Availability Question
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dragnwlf261 wrote:

I recently moved and FIOS isn't available in my subdivision but it is available .25 mile up the street, is there any process or people to talk to get it extended over?

Yes.  VZ is currently trading for about $49 with a market cap of $203B.  Execute a leveraged buyout or purchase enough stock to take control of the board and get elected CEO.  You'll then be able to instruct the organization to install FiOS wherever you want.  Just be sure to complete a proper ROI analysis so the shareholders don't sue you for breach of fiduciary responsibility.

Some what more seriously; Verizon has stopped rolling out FiOS to new areas.  This has been well documented for years.  For the people who are just "over the line," this sucks.  The reason is actually alluded to in my first paragraph; FiOS is very expensive to install and Verizon hasn't gotten the subscriber base it needed to obtain the ROI it wants.  The bottom line, is well, the bottom line.  Verizon doesn't see enough money in expanding the FiOS footprint.  If you have good ideas on how to change the ROI, you should go to work for Verizon.

Enjoy.

0 Likes