Battery Life
KMO23

How long should the backup battery last before I need to replace it?

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

For what ?

A phone, ONT (for FIOS)?

If a phone, what kind of phone?

a) Land Line, Ansering machine.

b) Land Line,, wireless headset.

c) Both a and b

d) Cell Phone

0 Likes
KMO23

ONT battery. I replaced it 6 months ago and it's already beeping again.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

To answer your initial question, it is variable, but I think it should last at least two to three years. I imagine it depends on the temperature where the BBU is located and how often it get discharged and re-charged. My battery lasted almost 6 years in a very hot (and sometimes pretty cold) garage and was still going strong when Verizon decided to replace my ONT as part of a regular upgrade program here in the DFW area. They replaced the battery as part of that upgrade.

Your battery may not really be dead. There is a way to reset the BBU, I am not sure of the procedure since I have never had to do it. You might try searching here or at DSLReports for a solution, or wait for someone else to provide it, sorry I can't.  

Keller, TX 76248

KMO23

6 years sounds more reasonable.

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
JT510

If it's beeping, disconnect and reconnect both of the terminals to the battery ( one at a time so you don't mix them up ) this will clean  the connections and may stop the beeping

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes