Being told I haven't returned equipment, then charged over $400 - I RETURNED IT SEVERAL WEEKS AGO!!!
iRenee1

My account was cancelled on December 8 and on December 9, I was sent a "kit" that included a return box and some labels. I needed to return the DVR box, but I had purchased the modem/router so I was supposed to keep that one. Because I use UPS dropoff at work, I couldn't use the humongous box they sent me so I used a smaller box as well as their label, and carefully wrapped the DVR in bubble wrap. When I first received an email of unreturned equipment, I called Verizon and was told it was an error and that the person would update my account of the return. I got an email again and ignored it, assuming the account just hadn't been updated yet. The third email says I was charged over $400 for the cost of equipment I HAD ALREADY RETURNED weeks prior. Furious, I called Verizon and was told by the rep that she saw that I returned the DVR but they were still waiting on the return of the modem/router (she even gave me the date they received the DVR). I told her I bought the modem/router and obviously didn't have to return it... and as that conversation continued, poof! no more record of returned DVR; she said it was an error. She said she did see a return but it wasn't for the DVR... but wouldn't tell me what it was for since the DVR is all I needed to return. So I asked her about the label they sent me but she said they couldn't look up the tracking info of the label that they themselves sent to me. Frustrated, I asked for a supervisor and after waiting for a while, I was told one wasn't available.. so she said she took down my information and would have a supervisor call me back. I was also given a ticket number... fast forward to now; I think we're going on three weeks and I am yet to hear back from anyone, email or otherwise. I have no idea of the status of this issue. Nice people but just terrible, terrible service.. I don't know what's going on but I KNOW I returned it (I have no reason to keep it and I'm one of those silly people who walk back into a store because I forgot to pay for a pack of gum). I mean, what's this deal about not being able to look up a tracking number of a label THEY sent to ME??! So frustrating... that's a LOT of money.

0 Likes
Re: Being told I haven't returned equipment, then charged over $400 - I RETURNED IT SEVERAL WEEKS AG
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi iRenee,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes