Beware Verizon Charges for THEIR Mistakes
angrysalmon

I sold my house, but my new house isn't scheduled to be built for 2 more months.  I called an agent and asked for a solution that could help me avoid the early termination fee since I would establish service at the new home.  He advised I could put in a vacation hold on my account and that once the house was built, I would just pay a transfer fee and my account would be taken off hold.  I asked about the equipment and he said just move it to the new house so that you will have it ready when you move in.  It was the perfect solution, unfortunately he was wrong.

Two weeks later I received an email from Verizon.  I can't place a vacation hold on the account since that prevents the new owners from establishing service.  Verizon forced cancelled me and said I would have to pay the $140 early termination fee.  While upsetting, I figured that if the first agent had given me the correct information, I would have had to pay the fee anyway.  Fine.

Then I get another email from Verizon today.  They want the equipment back or they are going to charge me a fee.  Unfortunately, the agent told me to move it to the new house (which is 2100 miles away) and it's now sitting in storage.  Since this is a corporate relocation, I don't have access to the stuff and I can't get the equipment until it gets moved into the new house.  Guess what Verizon's response was?  There is nothing they can do and I will have to pay the equipment charge.  I provided the chat ID # so that they could listen in to the call where the guy told me to pack it up, but they said they weren't going to listen to the call and since his notes don't indicate anything about the equipment I have no proof he told me to move it.  Why would I just pack it up and place it into storage?!  All I'm looking for is to be given a later date to return the equipment., but Verizon keeps telling me that they can't help me.  Why are you charging me for YOUR error?

0 Likes
Re: Beware Verizon Charges for THEIR Mistakes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Beware Verizon Charges for THEIR Mistakes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello angrysalmon,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with returning the equipment or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes