Bill from CMR Claims Department for Drop Line
wwdaves

I just received a bill for $1005.25 from CMR Claims Department. When grading my gravel driveway over a month ago, I snagged the FIOS line with the tractor and ripped it out of the ground. I was about 2 feet off the driveway and was raking some loose gravel back onto the driveway. I reported the cut immediately. Verizon responsed quickly and placed a temporary line above ground. I met the service tech on site and showed him where the cut was, and remarked that it sure isn't buried very deep, between 2 and 3 inches in the ares I measured.. He agreed.

A few weeks later they came back and buried the temporary line.

Checking the code of Virginia and the Virginia Cable Telecommunications Association guidelines for proper cable burial depth, the tables indicate a minimum depth of 6 inches for a drop line.image

I'm rather angry about being charged over $1000 for damage to a cable that was not properly installed to begin with. Please advise how we can remedy this. The cable would not have been cut if it was at the proper depth.

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR Claims Department for Drop Line
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wwdaves,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes