Bill from CMR Claims after Verizon stated I would not be charged for damage repair
Ag2017

I called 811 prior to an excavation project, and opened a ticket to have my utilities marked.  Verizon responded to that ticket stating that there were no conflicts.  I even received an email from Verizon that stated

"Verizon will hold the excavator harmless for any damage, disruption, or displacement of Verizon facilities falling within the scope of the excavation and for any related costs associated with any such damage, disruption, and displacement"

During excavation an unmarked Verizon Fios line was damaged.  I promptly called the phone # given on the 811 ticket to report any damage to Verizon utilities.  I provided my 811 ticket information to ensure that I would not be charged for this repair.  I even made sure to provide this information to the technicians that came out to make the repair.  

Today I received a bill from CMR Claims for $578.02 for "Verizon Cost to Repair".   When I called CMR, I get transferred to a voicemail, and cannot get this situation resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR Claims after Verizon stated I would not be charged for damage repair
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ag2017,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR Claims after Verizon stated I would not be charged for damage repair
Ag2017

I have contacted CMR, but they have not responded.  How can I get this resolved through CMR, when I can't get anyone at CMR to speak to me?

Additionally, this doesn't explain why Verizon had CMR bill me for the cost of this repair, after Verizon had given me confirmation in writing that I would not be billed.

0 Likes
gscavdis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is the bill itemized?  Where do the costs come from-excavation?  How long was the trench they had to dig?

0 Likes