Bill from CMR Claims
miburton

Back in May 2015, I called Verzion to request a drop wire repair for damage that occured while digging  no more than 4" down for a paver patio. It should be noted that I did indeed contact Miss Utilities (VA 811) to mark all underground services in my yard. Unfortunately, despite careful excavation by hand, the line was still damaged.

I contacted Verizon Customer Service to request a repair and inquire about any associated fees.

The Customer Service Rep assured me that the line would be repaired at no cost, so we scheduled the service.

The repair technician showed up performed the repair and again assured me that there was no charge for the repair.

That's TWO different representatives from Verizon who affirmed and confirmed that I should not be charged...

So imagine my dismay when I received a bill for $287.37 from CMR Claims!

I immediately contacted Verizon Customer Service and spoke to a couple representatives from the billing department who assured me that my account had a $0.00 balance and that there were no such charges for damages on my account. I even went so far as to take pictures of the bill and email them to a Verizon representative who said that this bill was in no way associated with my account, and that due to the nature of the damages, that I should not have been charged at all.

Nevertheless, all correspondence that I have had with CMR, thus far, indicates that they still are holding me liable for damages despite the fact that I was told both before and after the event that I would not incur any cost.

Please escalate this issue to a Verizon Agent who can help resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR Claims
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes