Bill vastly different than what my order receipt shows. Issue has been ongoing for months.
LongIslandNYC

Hello. I signed up for FiOS internet and phone, and as a Verizon Wireless customer for over a decade, I am getting pretty fed up with the treatment I have been getting as a long-term customer to the point that I am ready to cancel all of my services and contact the FTC.

On April 24 2014, order number NY00235165225 showed my price should have been $53.35 (with $5 a month being the charge for renting the router). A day or so after my install, someone without anyone in my household's permission, added a fee to my account for $4 a month to have an "unlisted number". I didn't ask for that feature and Verizon FiOS could not even tell me who asked to add it to my account. This is why I will be contacting the FTC. But to continue....it got much worse because my bill skyrocketed to over $100 per month. Something about my original order price not being valid because of the change to the account (the change/charge I never asked for and never approved of!). Anyway, I have called related to this issue over 6 times and every time I am ressured "this time it has been fixed".

Now I am looking at my latest bill, and it appears I was "credited" (why can't my bill just show what it's supposed to show?) but the total comes out to $53.35. This sounds good as it was my original promised price (which I have proof of via email receipt) but I am being charged $5 extra per month for a router that I don't even have. The tech who came to my home (a very nice man who did a great job I have to say) explained that my advanced router means I do not need the FiOS router, saving me $5 a month. Yet I just checked my bill and I am still being charged for it.

Contacting 1-800-VERIZON over half a dozen times has gotten me nowhere. Who do I have to contact to get this rectified once and for all? Cablevision is a viable option for me here so I am not sure why FiOS is making being a customer so difficult.

0 Likes
Re: Bill vastly different than what my order receipt shows. Issue has been ongoing for months.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes