Billed for Premium Tech Support That Did Not Fix the Problem
sickening

i too was scammed last night by a premiun tech support rep...he assured me that the problem i was having with my pc

could be repaired and pursuaded   me to purchase the 10 month plan for $14.00 month also said if i canceled prior to the 10 mos i would be charged a $59.99 fee.......I told him I would sign up if he could assure me the pc problem would be resolved.

He also assusred me that if  it could not be resolved  to ask to be transfered to the billing department to cancel the  the plan   I confirmed this with him at least 3 times and he assured me I would not have to  pay and I could cancel with no monetary obligation if the problem on my pc could not be resolved....well it was not  and my computer was left in worse condition than when the premium support tech began working on it...the support tech worked on my computer for 3 and 1/2 hoursI was on the phone with him until 3:30 am....he apologized and said he did not expect the outcome of what happened to my computer. well needless to say when i called billing i was told I was liable for the $59.00 early cancelation fee  it did not matter that the tech did not repair the problem or that he left my computer in worse condition than when he  began working on it.........so technically what they are saying is that I have to pay for them creating problems on my pc that did not exist before I called them   I  The sales rep I spoke to was "scott : he said he was in massachusetts..I spoke with Eric in BIlling and he said he would note on my account what I had told him and asked me to call after the charge appears on my phone bill to see if i could have it removed...i also called billing again today and spoke with another billing rep and she said she also would note my problem on my account and that hopefully the $59.00 fee would be removed..it is very disppointing to know that Verizon Hires people that lie to consumers.....all of their employee conversations to customers need to be recorded and monitored. I received a recorded message from verizon this am asking if i was satisfied with the service i received from tech suppoort with #1 being the least satisfed  which of course described my experience with them.  If My tele phone bill does not reflect the cancellation  of the $59.00charge I will definitly pursue this matter further....

0 Likes
Re: Billed for Premium Tech Support That Did Not Fix the Problem
julma1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was also billed on July 15, 2014 for tech support that did not fix my computer problem. 

I was billed $99.99 to my credit card to a tech in the country of India.

I tried to get my money back but the number I was referred to would not answer.

I immediately went to my bank which took all of the info and changed my credit card number.

The bank also did their own investigation and said it seemed to be a scam.  My money was redeposited into my account within 36 hours - not because of anything Verizon did, but my BANK!!   I was so grateful.

Such service from Verizon's tech department is unethical and inexcusable.

Verizon customers deserve better tech service than this.  "Ma Bell" would turn over in her grave if she knew how far down the service of the original phone company has gone. It's a disgrace!!  A SCAM perpetuated and sanctioned by Verizon.

I complained to the Verizon Customer Correspondance Claim Dept.  Do you think they will straighten this mess out?  I doubt it - I am a retiree with an excellent payment record.

They don't care.  This hurts the American economy.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi julma1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes