Billing Mayhem
ract
Contributor - Level 1

Due to two recent events regarding my FIOS account [my primary landline phone number was slammed (it has since been restored) and my account number has been changed], my account bill is now in a very confusing and cryptic state.  I need help understanding the changes and getting my account straight.  Solving these problems will require that I reveal a considerable amount of personal information, so I request that this matter be escalated to a Verizon agent.  It would be very helpful if this agent would focus on the issues to be resolved.  Based on previous experience (see related examples below), it appears that the Verizon consumer service representatives (CSRs) have been given a prime directive to focus on selling additional products and services whenever a customer calls about any issue with their existing service, often at the expense of not honoring the customers requests or resolving the issue.  I am hoping that by using this forum to get help instead of using the 1-800-VERIZON number I can avoid the types of problems mentioned below.

Using the 1-800-VERIZON number, I was able to find out that my primary number was now with Sprint; this was later confirmed by Sprint to be true.  Again using the 1-800-VERIZON number, I was able, after a few transfers, to get a CSR that assured me that she could get my primary number restored.  Then, she immediately went into sales pitch for new products and services which I said I did not want.  To placate her, I agreed to review her proposal which was to be sent to me via email and make a decision regarding acceptability later.  Instead, the email contained a notification that the order for additional products and services was initiated.  The order was related to my internet and TV services and made no mention of my phone service.  Fortunately, the local technician called before coming out and I asked him what he was going to do.  He said install new equipment and upon further inquiry, I learned he was not going to do anything related to the phone system or getting my number back.  I told him not bother to come out and to cancel the order.  Crisis averted.

I finally found a CSR that was helpful.  She got the phone number back under the control of Verizon and informed me it was available to be ported back to my landline.  This was followed by a notification of another order.  I don't think this new order was initiated by the helpful CSR since it was related to my secondary number which is used for faxing and backup.  Once again, the local tech said the order was not related to getting my primary number back.  Instead the order was to move my secondary number from copper to fiber and transfer my phone service from "Freedom Essentials" to "Digital Voice".  The tech contacted a CSR to indicate that I did not order nor want those changes and attempted to get my primary number back.  He did get the primary back, but the CSR would not allow the secondary to remain on copper nor return my Freedom Essentials service despite being told of my objections to these changes.  Since all of this was being controlled by the CSR, there was nothing that could be done at my end, either by the tech or me.  This order also locked me into a two year contract.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Mayhem
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ract,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes