CMR Bill for FIOS damage
Grduncan05

I recived a bill CRM claiming to be from Verizon. I have recieved no bill directly from Verizon and would like to know if this is a scam. The bill claims to be for a cut line in the front of my house. I am unaware of ever being billed from Verizon, and will not be sending anything to an unknow company in Oklahoma, OK. From a bit of reseach on this forum it seems this is a common occurance I would appreciate being directed to someone who can help.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: CMR Bill for FIOS damage
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Grduncan05,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
Re: CMR Bill for FIOS damage
Grduncan05

While that makes me feel somewhat better, after reaching out to CMR, I am appalled at their practice of sending a letter, demanding payment from the home owner. After a phone conversation with {edited for privacy}, she stated that I was in on way responsible for the bill their company had sent me, with the VERIZON logo attached, and was instead trying to get the correct address for my landscaping company. That's unethical, why not just send a letter requesting contact about this issue before trying to trick me into paying for the repair, that I am not at fault for?

This is disturbing to me me, how as a customer am I supposed to trust VERIZON when you deal with unscrupulous business partners?

0 Likes