CMR Claim for Drop Wire damage
arqpsa
We received a bill from CMR $261.77 for the damage to the fiber optic cable from a French drain installation. Technician from Verizon put a new temporary cable above the ground and told me that in a couple of days someone will come by and install it underground. I was told this repair was going to be free of charge because any repair that is outside my home is Verizon's responsibility. I had marked my utility lines and did not went deeper than 10" for the French drain... the cables should been 18" or deeper according to code. I have checked this forum and found a lot of users have the same experience where the cable is not dug deep enough and got the issue resolved. So after the temporary cable was left for over a week over my driveway I kept calling to address the issue and they told me in a couple of days I was going to get a call of the technician that was going to install the cable correctly... it went over a week and during the weekend I saw the cable was not there anymore and there was a pattern where the cable was dug. I did not got a call and was not called to make an appointment so that I can be there... after this my service was not working correctly so I kept calling Verizon and another week went by until a technician was sent and had to change the fiber optic head on the outside box that was probably dirty from the installation. With this we finally resolved the issue after almost 3 weeks where I did not have any service and I was told I was getting a reimbursement for all the time I was left without it, but instead a received a bill..!
0 Likes
Re: CMR Claim for Drop Wire damage
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi arqpsa,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes