CMR drop wire bill
elseven
Enthusiast - Level 1

We recently had mulch put down in our front yard. A shovel dug down about 2” and cut a cable that was laid much too shallow by the cable installer. A service technician came out and arranged for the cable to be replaced. He didn’t know if there would be a fee for the repair. We have just received a bill from CMR for $130.98 labor cost and $96.13 administrative fees. I feel this bill is unfair, because the original installer placed the cable too shallow the first time. I have seen many many complaints on this forum about this happening. Verizon really needs to address this issue with the subcontractor cable installers. I hope someone from Verizon will contact me to address this bill.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: CMR drop wire bill
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Donja,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
Re: CMR drop wire bill
elseven
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have spoken with CMR, they are no help with this issue. VERIZON is responsible for poor installation procedures if they allow subcontractors to perform services that do not meet code. The original cable was not installed at an adequate depth, so VERIZON should step up and acknowledge their responsibility to make this right at no charge to the customer.