COMPLAINT - How many times is enough?
Sisters41

Long story short, this is the second time this has happened in 4 months.

My neighbor loses FIOS service because grasscutters were aerating the back lawn and cut off her service.  Verizon technicians come in the next day (she had to BEG them to come the next day and only because she said she was elderly, alone and didn't have a phone).  In the process of fixing her line, the VERIZON technicians cut off my services.

It's Friday, I come from work, WITH work hoping to finalize a very important project that has a Monday morning deadline.

After an hour on the phone, I finally get a customer service rep who insists that nothing can be done until Monday morning.  "Can someone be home to meet the technician?"  I don't think so.  My deadline is on Monday.  I insisted that it be sooner than that.  The rep says maybe he can do something,  I wait again for a long time and he says he can get me a tech on Sunday.  What am I going to do?  I agreed to Sunday morning.  

My neighbor comes to the house very apologetic and gives me a different # to call.  It  was the dispatch center.  Terry, after listening to me practically cry, was able to set an earlier appointment for Saturday anytime between 1 - 5PM.  I was so thankful and my confidence was once again restored in Verizon.

Here's the rub:  At 5PM, a Verizon technician calls and apologizes.  He can't get out to my part of town.  There are so many calls and it just can't be done.   Can they please come Sunday morning.  I have given up at this point.  I waited all afternoon.  Used data from my cellphone (which is NOT Verizon) trying to get some work done from home while waiting for the technician to come and just said, "whatever".  AFTER I turn off the phone, I go to the window and see a VERIZON TRUCK (technician) in my neighbor's driveway!!!!!   I went out to ask the technician if he could possibly take a look at my line and he looks at me like, "sorry lady".

What gives?  If I didn't have a project that was so freaking important due tomorrow morning, it would be farcical.  It would be hilarious.  Is this the way business is conducted?  I called the dispatch # again and told him, "there is a Verizon man outside in my neighbor's driveway.... could you possibly do something?  Isn't it business practice to perhaps save some gas, overtime and maybe even earn the undying gratitude of a despondent customer who is obviously dependent on your internet services?????

"Sorry ma'm"

So this is the second time this has happened in four months.  My service is cut whenever something is done to a neighbor's FIOS service..

Is it too much to ask for a credit for the lost three days in June, the last three days in October and a little compensation for the data I had to use on my smartphone?

I feel Verizon handled this very badly.  I will continue to write this same letter to whoever will listen.

Do any of you have an email address I can forward off this to?  I'm done.  I'm just going to finish off my contract and it's on to the next great cable provider.  

0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT - How many times is enough?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunatley Verizon will only give you credit for the days you were out.

Per the contract, no other credits are owed.

If you are lucky, they may give you something else, but that would be a goodwill credit.

And with residential service, no guarantees of service.

Typically (and I can't sday for sure with Verizon) tickets are worked in the order taken not necessarily the most optimal.

How upset would you be if you heard that instead of working the ticket after your neighbors, they did you and the other person's outage was delayed even more?

0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT - How many times is enough?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sisters4,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes