Can't believe all this happened......
tabgirl75

On January 2, 2018 I walked into Walmart. A Verizon associate approached me asking if I had presently had Fios. I told him I did but was thinking of switching due to my monthly bill keeps increasing though nothing has changed. I have been with Verizon for ever (I was even one of the first to get Fios in our city when it statrted).  He was new with the company so his manager helped him with the specifics that they  were presenting to me.  After speaking with them for about 40 minutes reviewing my plans, my present bill and how they could save me money,   I was told that on Saturday, January 13th, some technicians would be at my home between 1:00 and 3:00 to connect new upgraded DVR boxes  and also a  new router with faster internet. My landline phone would stay the same AND I would receive a $250.00 Verizon wireless card and get Showtime free for 2 years and my bill was going down about $30.00 per month. I was elated!! I waited on the 13th (even switched my job hours to be home by 1:00) but no one ever came. That Monday I reached out to the Verizon associate to inform him that they never showed. He told me he was looking in to it.  On Saturday 1/27/18 my landline was not working.  The service has been disconnected . I called the 800 number and spoke to "Gerry".  He apologized for the inconvenience but he told me he took care of it and I would be all set in about 2 hours(we spoke for 25 minutes).  Three and a half hours later, still no phone service I called and was speaking to a woman this time (did not get her name). She put me on hold, and when she came back on the line she told me that Gerry was working on it and it should be fixed soon. (I was on the phone with her for 27 minutes). Didn't happen. On Monday 1/29/18 I called again.  This time I spoke to another associate (a man, didn't get his name) but he told me that as far as he could see my phone was disconnected on the 13th and he had to put in a work order to the Tech dept and that woud take about 48 hours for them to respond (I was on the phone with him for 15 minutes). At this point I still haven't been told why the phone was disconnected to begin with. Not hearing anything by Thursday I called again.  This time I spoke to Peter (very nice associate).  We spoke for another 30 minutes. He had me on hold for quite some time but promised me that my phone would be on the next day whichTHANK GOD it was. He told me all this stemmed from the original contact with the associates at Walmart and the way they were changing my account to lower my bill was incorrect so the internet and tv didint go through but the landline part of the order was never cancelled so they went ahead and disconnected the phone on the 13th thinking the change was going through. So on 2/2/18 Peter called to make sure my landline was working.  Peter wanted to go over some plans with me to help me try to lower my bill but I had plans to go out so Peter said he would call back on 2/6 at 5:00pm to discuss other plans.  On 2/6 Peter never called at 5:00 so I called Verizon at 6:35pm. I was told Peter was speaking with another customer but would call me back shortly, which he did.  Ten minutes later Peter called, unfortunately I had plans at 7:00pm.  Peter told me I would be given a credit for the 3 weeks I didnt have a working landline and asked if he could call Friday 2/9/18 at 3:30 when I had more time to review plans with him.  I told him that time would be great and I look forward to speaking to him on Friday 2/9 to finalized this entire issue and to get my monthly bill lowered.  Well, you guessed it, Peter never called on Friday. I called at 4:15 and of course got another different Verizon associate.  I was told he could not connect me to Peter. So I hung up deciding to wait for Peter to call....well today is 2/20/18 and I have not heard from anyone (it's been 11 days since I've spoken to anyone at Verizon). I cant believe I went through all of this just trying to stay with Verizon and get my bill lowered and I was the one approached...I didnt even start all of this. So nothing has changed, my bill is still high, same services I've had for years and I have been put through more UNECESSARY AGGRAVATION for absolutely nothing. I have been a Verizon customer for a very long time and would like to be recognized for it and to be treated better.  I look forward to hearing from someone....PLEASE!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Can't believe all this happened......
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately this is a customer helping customer forum. Try getting assistance here

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect They are real Verizon personnel helping customers. Hopefully they will be able to assist you.

0 Likes
Re: Can't believe all this happened......
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes