Can't wait to CANCEL Verizon
hanoch

I upgraded my FIOS this week to add TV to my Internet and Phone plan so that I could watch the Super Bowl with my daughter, only to find that NBC requires the Preferred Service, not the Custom service that the sales rep sold me. Tried to upgrade to Preferred, and they tell me it won't be available until Tuesday, which is two days after the game!

Really appalling customer service and I am so angry right now I could spit. I haven't watched TV in 40 years and this was going to be the first football game I've watched in 30 (my daughter is a fan, but I'm not) -- and now we can't even watch the game without going to some bar and being around a bunch of drunks.

As soon as their office opens Monday, I am cancelling FIOS and getting some other phone and internet service -- no more Verizon and their constant price hikes and other garbage, and no more TV ever!

0 Likes
Re: Can't wait to CANCEL Verizon
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've never heard of a package that doesn't contain local channels.

You don't have any local channels?

0 Likes
hanoch

The game can only be watched on Preferred HD TV or higher service, not the custom or local channel service. I even asked if that was the case and the sales rep said that he was certain the Custom service included the game. But he was wrong and now I have no way to watch it other than a bar, which is a non-starter for me.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you get the local NBC channe?

If so, then you can watch it.

Never heard of content on a channel being blocked for only some packages.

0 Likes
Cd311

Call fcc.

Verizon has no customer service only so illegal practices to make money Which they don’t do much. But get it on record. Online complaints 

dont pay the bill

notify credit company of disputes 

0 Likes
Cd311

Verizon needs to be better regulated 

they engage in in illegal practices to fool us. Then refuse to make corrections. The call center staff works hard but is poorly trained and often given conflicting information 

the future will will bring internet services for tv and programs. We will only need a company like Verizon for internet service. They will be another dinosaur 

0 Likes