Cannot obtain temporary password from Verizon to reset my password
CC510

Verizon notified me that "We've noticed unusual activity associated with your Verizon online account, indicating an unknown third party may have your user name and password." Then they disabled my account and told me to reset my pw. Fair enough.

But I tried to obtain the temp pw by email and Verizon did not send it (no, it's not in spam or trash). Then I tried to obtain the temp pw by regular mail and again they did not send it. Then I called the Verizon phone number, was on hold for 20 minutes, and then was spontaneously disconnected.

This is SOOO frustrating. How do I get a temporary password so I can activate and access my account again???

0 Likes
Re: Cannot obtain temporary password from Verizon to reset my password
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CC5,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Still need help with password reset
CC510

I had previously requested assistance to reset my pw because Verizon did not send me a temporary pw by either email or regular mail. The agent on this forum said to contact Verizon by facebook @verizonsupport. When I tried to message "verizonsupport" , the suggested contacts from facebook were "verizon.support" and "verizon support community" but NOT "verizonsupport" (with NO space between verizon and support).  I asked the agent to verify which one I should message, because I didn't want to get phished and his/her instruction to contact "verizonsupport" did not come up in suggested contacts. The agent did not reply.

0 Likes