Cannot verify cell phone in My Verizon
db2guru

I am a new Fios customer and have created a My Verizon account. However it will not give me full access unless my email and cell phone number are verified. I was able to verify my email but not the cell phone. I click on Verify in My Profile. It asks me to confirm my cell phone number. I click Continue. It then says it will send a text to my cell phone and reply Yes. However the text says reply Y which I do. Then nothing happens. The screen remains unchanged. If I log out and log in it still wants to verify my cell phone. If I refresh the screen, same results. I have tried this on every browser I have. On MS Edge, I sometimes get Bad Error 431 header is too large. On Chrome, I sometimes have to log on twice because it doesn't take the first time. On Firefox it tries to install an add-on which Firefox stops. IE also doesn't work. I installed the My Fios app on my phone. Ironically I can sign on and see the details of my upcoming installation and what my first bill will look like, but when I go to the profile, it says cell phone not verified. I tried verifying it from my phone which uses Verizon Wireless, I get the text again, reply Y and again nothing happens. I also called Customer Service and spoke to someone in online (web) help and they couldn't help me so they transferred me back. I was on hold too long and hung up. I  need to be able to access My Verizon from my computer not just my phone. Can someone help me get past this issue?   

0 Likes
Re: Cannot verify cell phone in My Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi db2guru,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Cannot Verify Cell Phone in My Verizon
Doc52

When logging into Verizon Portal (My Account) I'm being prompted to verify my phone number. I select 'verify' and receive a text message to confirm on cell phone. I select 'Y' as directed in the text message but receive no response/confirmation of acceptance. 

I've done this 3 times now with no change. Logged into account and still prompts me to verify my account.  How do I get this issue resolved???

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Verify Cell Phone in My Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Doc5,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Can’t verify cell number
AG1040

I am a new Fios customer and have created a My Verizon account. However it will not give me full access unless my email and cell phone number are verified. I was able to verify my email but not the cell phone. I click on Verify in My Profile. It asks me to confirm my cell phone number. I click Continue. It then says it will send a text to my cell phone and reply Yes. However the text says reply Y which I do. Then nothing happens. The screen remains unchanged. If I log out and log in it still wants to verify my cell phone. If I refresh the screen, same results. I installed the My Fios app on my phone. Ironically I can sign on and see the details of my upcoming installation and what my first bill will look like, but when I go to the profile, it says cell phone not verified. I tried verifying it from my phone which uses Verizon Wireless, I get the text again, reply Y and again nothing happens. I also called Customer Service and spoke to someone in online (web) help and they couldn't help me so they transferred me back. I was on hold too long and hung up. I  need to be able to access My Verizon from my computer not just my phone. Can someone help me get past this issue?   

0 Likes
Re: Can’t verify cell number
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AG1040,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes